96 cr 250?

Im new here so go easy on me. My buddy has a 96 cr 250 thats in ok shape...(good tires, chain, sprockets, full pro circuit pipe and fairly clean) he took it on trade not running and never tryed to get it running since he had no interest also he isnt exactly a mechanic lets just leave it at that. It has spark and a new top end with 200lbs of compression.I can buy it for $400...Just want some opinions on what could be the problem. Maybe Carb problem possibly? Or some faulty wiring? Any thoughts guys? I will probably end up buying it either way and have more info later this week.

Probably a clogged pilot jet. For $400, you've got nothing to lose.

Thats what someone else suggested too..When I get it home tonight im going to try all of the simple fixes and go from there..Thanks alot

Buy it and post up pics.

Sure thing will do tonight...Plastics were painted black..Which is too bad.

Will have better pics this weekend....Only paid $350 for it...Has tons of compression...needs a killswitch, masterlink, new clutch perch and handle...And of course new bolts and plastics

1366805870357.jpg

Spend a few hundred on it and she'll be a beaut.

If you don't want it, I'll buy it from you!

lucky

For $350, you can't really lose. At best...You'll have a cheap toy to ride. At worst...you could prolly part it out and get most, if not all your money back.

Right, Theres $350 worth of bike there running or not!

Ordered my perch, airfilter and new killswitch..Going to try and remove the ugly black krylon paint saturday (why would anyone paint a bike black?) and get it to run..Needs some heavy cleaning! Updates and pics saturday.

So here is what It looks like until winter when I do a complete tear down and resto...I have a total of 600 in it including cost of the bike..got some old plastics in ok shape and slapped some random stickers on it for now....Was thinking of mcgrath replica but Im liking the idea of the mid 80s decals and that sexy blue seat..probably a fork swap..Any other ideas?

1373300922477.jpg

So here is what It looks like until winter when I do a complete tear down and resto...I have a total of 600 in it including cost of the bike..got some old plastics in ok shape and slapped some random stickers on it for now....Was thinking of mcgrath replica but Im liking the idea of the mid 80s decals and that sexy blue seat..probably a fork swap..Any other ideas?

I have an 04 cr125 that I'm doing with retro graphics, and the blue seat cover. It looks good. Just throw some HRC stickers on blank red shrouds. Looks awesome, an doesn't cost a lot.

I like the the white and red.. Try using gojo hand cleaner on the tank.

Thanks I will try that..I scraped paint off that tank for hours! I really hope I can get it somewhat clean