Wrecked DRZ

I've got a 2000 400s and the previous owner has done things to the front forks I never would have. Because of that, I am pondering if I can find the front end off a wrecked DRZ, preferably 2002 plus, when I believe the suspension got better. My current forks have no dampening adjustment. So using the clickers on the bottom, seemingly does nothing.

The PO put about 6" PVC tube spacers below the springs in my current forks and it's just not set up properly for me. Pushing the bike through turns causes the front end to chatter out on me, hitting bumps is very rough and all in all the ride is shit. I'll likely replace the springs with something from racetech that is rated for my weight, but I still won't have a dampening rod and any soft/hard adjustability.

I'm not particularly interested in buying forks and triple clamps from another bike and retro fit it, i'd just like an option that bolts right up.

My problem is, I can't find any wrecked DRZs or anyone selling a front end.

Any one have ideas where to look?

Where in CA are you located? I'm converting my front end to run rmz450 forks and have my factory forks sitting in my garage. I had them valved and sprung for a 200lb rider with gear from feal suspension and they have the compression and rebound adjustments since they came from my 07 drz.

Rightcoast: didn't you snag some stock mirrors from 707? Now vagrantidol is offering up some forks for you...I wish I had your luck!! :thumbsup::lol:

Where in CA are you located? I'm converting my front end to run rmz450 forks and have my factory forks sitting in my garage. I had them valved and sprung for a 200lb rider with gear from feal suspension and they have the compression and rebound adjustments since they came from my 07 drz.

I'm in the Bay Area, Oakland to be exact. For the right price i'd make a drive! And that's about my weight too!

Rightcoast: didn't you snag some stock mirrors from 707? Now vagrantidol is offering up some forks for you...I wish I had your luck!! :thumbsup::lol:

Yes, 707 helped me out with some mirrors! He's quite the gent, though I did send him some chocolate from the company I work for as a thank you.

I am pretty far from you, I live down in the inland empire. That would be quite a drive for a pair of forks.

Here's some SM forks for $150. Also, check on Ebay and the Classified ads on this site.

http://dallas.craigs...3703277417.html

I haven't looked around on Ebay, for some reason I just don't like it. But I may have to search around because there are slim pickings on CL around here.

Ebay has been great for me. I've found many oem parts for modding so I can keep my originals. Just buy from a power seller and/or individuals with very high ratings.

have you tried calling all the pick and pull's? probably a long shot, but back when i had my cbr600 i got an "ok" running engine from the pick n pull in oaktown for $250.

have you tried calling all the pick and pull's? probably a long shot, but back when i had my cbr600 i got an "ok" running engine from the pick n pull in oaktown for $250.

I haven't, but that's a good idea. Do you have a list or a phrase I could google to find em?

have you checked out this place?

http://www.cyclesal.com/

just south of you

Hmm, I'll give them a call tomorrow. Wish me luck!