97 KX 250 shock compression setting...

So I've searched but can't seem to find an answer for this... On my shock, the compression screw is the one on top right? When I turn it all the way in it doesn't seem to make a difference.

When I turn the rebound screw all the way in it actually locks out the shock after a compression stroke.

Should the compression screw have a similar effect? I was hoping I could stiffen the compression a little more because I'm a bigger rider.

So I've searched but can't seem to find an answer for this... On my shock, the compression screw is the one on top right? When I turn it all the way in it doesn't seem to make a difference.

When I turn the rebound screw all the way in it actually locks out the shock after a compression stroke.

Should the compression screw have a similar effect? I was hoping I could stiffen the compression a little more because I'm a bigger rider.

compressions on the bottom dudebroman

Compression adjuster won't lock it up.

What do you weigh in full gear?

Do you have the stock spring on it?

Any bike, any rider, it HAS to have the correct spring rate to work best.

EDIT: On the shock, which is on the rear of the bike, the compression adjuster is on the top.

Edited by KDXGarage

compressions on the bottom dudebroman

No... should you go back and check your settings now?

Compression adjuster won't lock it up.

What do you weigh in full gear?

Do you have the stock spring on it?

Any bike, any rider, it HAS to have the correct spring rate to work best.

EDIT: On the shock, which is on the rear of the bike, the compression adjuster is on the top.

But it is normal for the rebound screw to lock it up to a point?

When I have rebuilt a shock in the past, I will compress it totally by hand, hold it fully compressed, then turn the rebound adjuster all the way in. It would lock in place. This is without the spring in place.

my shits fine. My brain is not... got it backwards. Meh...

on the shock, compression is on the top. on your forks, compressions on the bottom.

Considering that its a 97, you prob need the shock serviced. if the adjusters doesnt seem like its doing much anymore, you could have lost nitrogen over the years, lost oil, broken down/dirty oil etc.

also, adjusting your compression will not be effective if you're too heavy for your springs

check out racetech.com for the correct spring rates for your weight and riding ability

Edited by jkenney177