KX500 for sale

id love to have a bike like "plate" it.

Can you plate a 2stroke?

The new law, I believe you're only limited by whether you can make lights light up one way or another.

I can vouch for the mechanic that did the wrenching on that bike. Mitch does solid work.

Can you plate a 2stroke?

Absolutely nothing in the new law that would prevent a 2 stroke from getting a plate. You just need to make the lights and horn work and have the necessary safety equipment (tires, brakes, mirrors, etc).

Summary: A person may operate an off-road motorcycle upon a public road, street, or highway in Washington, if the person complies with the following requirements:

file a motorcycle use declaration, in which the Department of Licensing (DOL) certifies conformance with all applicable federal motor vehicle safety standards and state standards;

obtain and have in full force and effect a current and proper off-road vehicle (ORV) registration or temporary ORV use permit;

obtain a valid driver's license and motorcycle endorsement issued to Washington residents; and

install various outlined motorcycle components, if not already present on the off-road motorcycle.

An off-road motorcycle is defined. In order to be registered for on-road use, an off-road motorcycle must travel on two wheels with a seat designed to be straddled by the operator and have handlebar-type steering control.

DOL must establish a declaration, which must be submitted by an off-road motorcycle owner when applying for on-road registration of an off-road motorcycle. The declaration must include the following:

documentation of a safety inspection conducted by a licensed dealership or repair shop;

documentation that the licensed dealership or repair shop did not charge more than $100 for the inspection, all of which goes to the dealership or repair shop;

verification of the vehicle identification number; and a release signed by the owner that releases the state from liability.

Foot legal notes

This analysis was prepared by non-partisan legislative staff for the use of legislative members in their deliberations. This analysis is not a part of the legislation nor does it constitute a statement of legislative intent.

Votes on Final Passage:

Senate 46 2 House 96 0

Effective: January 1, 2012.

Guess that means its true.

Well thanks guys now I'm thinking of getting a third bike. I've never owned, or rode a two stroke. And I'm sure that's one hell of a two stroke. Reviews online say it is "a fore cracker waiting to be lit" , and "violent". Even Dirt Rider mag says its a real man's bike. And they stopped making them in 2004 because there just wasn't enough real men in the world to buy them.

But I believe I will have to pass on the time in the hospital. I do think it would be super sweet and unique to drive around on the streets. Thanks for the info on plating a bike though. Now I got gears turning.

I wouldnt buy this bike as a first 2 stroke. You really need to ride an open two stroke first. They are definately a love hate thing.

300_ktm_streeetbike_002.jpg

My street legal 2011 300 XC-W