2000 KTM EXC 250 clutch cable/hose leaking at the slave cylinder

I have a 2000 EXC 250 that I recently purchased and The clutch cable/hose is leaking where it enters the slave cylinder. Is this a common thing? Do I just need to replace the cable/hose? Any information would be greatly appreciated!!! :ride:IMAG0714_zps37f91ee2.jpg

Thanks for all the input guys! You KTM guys are full of info... Lots of lookers but no knowledge? :excuseme:

I've not owned a 2000, but all my KTM's had a line with a 90 degree bend, banjo bolt, and 2 copper washers.Is that a stock line or after market?

Thanks for all the input guys! You KTM guys are full of info... Lots of lookers but no knowledge? :excuseme:

Have you looked up OEM parts diagrams to see what parts are in there (to see what might have failed)? Have you removed the cable from the slave to inspect it?

Thanks for the response. No I have not got into it yet. I will do it this weekend.

I have a 2000 EXC 250 that I recently purchased and The clutch cable/hose is leaking where it enters the slave cylinder. Is this a common thing? Do I just need to replace the cable/hose? Any information would be greatly appreciated!!! :ride:IMAG0714_zps37f91ee2.jpg

How is that hose on there ?? Is it like heat shrunk or some sort of push on??

IMAG0750_zpsf3997a7d.jpgHere is how it goes into the slave cylinder PL...

Just order a new cable. $36 for part number 63 here:

http://www.powerspor...020015/00020015

Thanks that is what I was going to do!!! I appreciate the response!!! :thumbsup: