Wrap Around Hand Guards - Good Idea!

One little spill today and snap. Levers are crap

photo13.jpg

photo14.jpg

photo15.jpg

Edited by FOXBROOK

Even tho I bought the HDB hand guards .... I also bought these zeta pivoting "shorty" 3 finger levers. :thumbsup:

I absolutely love them :wub:

zeta-clutch-brake-pivot-levers-honda-crf250l.jpg

First I hope your ok. I have been thinking about different levers myself, will have to review this again soon.

Let us know how your fix/mods go.

Even tho I bought the HDB hand guards .... I also bought these zeta pivoting "shorty" 3 finger levers. :thumbsup:

I absolutely love them :wub:

zeta-clutch-brake-pivot-levers-honda-crf250l.jpg

I really like those but I'm short on cash these days, I'm laid off so I gotta pick up a oem leaver for now. They are only $13.

And I'm ok, just a little scrape on the knee. Was wearing full gear

I really like those but I'm short on cash these days, I'm laid off so I gotta pick up a oem leaver for now. They are only $13.

Let me guess... The front end washed out.... Glad to hear you are fine. :thumbsup:

The first mod for offroad use should probably be a different front tire the way it seems...

:ride:

I will give you both of my stock levers if you fax me a shipping label :thumbsup:

oops .... I forgot where you live .... probably not much of a savings :doh:

Edited by gnath9

oops .... I forgot where you live .... probably much of a savings :doh:

You may be able to mail them? I'm not sure... Very nice to offer either way. :thumbsup:

You may be able to mail them? I'm not sure... Very nice to offer either way. :thumbsup:

I might as well see them go to a good cause .... I hate big levers ... my IT175 had "two" finger levers and ever since that it is what I always have put on ... the zeta's are just a little longer.

When I picked up my bike from the race shop I noticed every Race bike in there had a little clutch lever and a longer front brake lever :thinking:

I might as well see them go to a good cause .... I hate big levers ... my IT175 had "two" finger levers and ever since that it is what I always have put on ... the zeta's are just a little longer.

When I picked up my bike from the race shop I noticed every Race bike in there had a little clutch lever and a longer front brake lever :thinking:

They probably have two finger clutch levers and three finger front brake levers. I have used sunline dehandlers for years.

Let me guess... The front end washed out.... Glad to hear you are fine. :thumbsup:

The first mod for offroad use should probably be a different front tire the way it seems...

:ride:

Actually what happened was I went to get off the bike and the kickstand is too long now that it's lowered and I ended up dropping it on the right side. I wasn't expecting it to come back over to the right and I couldn't stop it soon enough.

I will give you both of my stock levers if you fax me a shipping label :thumbsup:

gnath I really appreciate the offer! I did already order the one through Honda earlier today, they say it will be here Thursday and I was surprised it was so cheap. I'm still able to drive it the way it is though thank god. Heard of people snapping the clutch leaver and having a hard time switching gears. Glad that didn't happen because Bob wasn't with me

Sounds like a kick stand mod is in order !!!

I have the opposite effect my bike really leans over on the kick stand now that it is taller.

Sounds like a kick stand mod is in order !!!

I have the opposite effect my bike really leans over on the kick stand now that it is taller.

Yup Bob said we will get something done with it tomorrow. Not sure if I can get it cut but I'm going to find out. I know I did see an adjustable one once, might solve both our problems :cool:

Actually what happened was I went to get off the bike and the kickstand is too long now that it's lowered and I ended up dropping it on the right side. I wasn't expecting it to come back over to the right and I couldn't stop it soon enough.

gnath I really appreciate the offer! I did already order the one through Honda earlier today, they say it will be here Thursday and I was surprised it was so cheap. I'm still able to drive it the way it is though thank god. Heard of people snapping the clutch leaver and having a hard time switching gears. Glad that didn't happen because Bob wasn't with me

That is more of a quick nap then anything else. ;)

Save your old lever as a trail spare. :smirk:

Now that I think about it, blame Bob... :p He posted your kickstand was to long.... :devil:

Yes Bob I see you.... ;)

Hahaha...I never felt a thing... :cripple: ...just another make work project... :p

They probably have two finger clutch levers and three finger front brake levers. I have used sunline dehandlers for years.

Wow, they even have one finger levers, LOL! When I bust my clutch lever like Foxbrook I figured it was transformed to about a 2 finger lever for free :lol: :lol: I did not like it because it was a bit more tiring over a the long haul. I like the looks of the shorties, and the resistance to bending in falls, but I like the leverage of the longer levers. I run my levers mounted slight loose on the handlebar to help prevent lever breakage since I do not run handguards :ride:

Hahaha...I never felt a thing... :cripple: ...just another make work project... :p

careful Buddy .... she reads this forum you know :doh:

Wow, they even have one finger levers, LOL! When I bust my clutch lever like Foxbrook I figured it was transformed to about a 2 finger lever for free :lol: :lol: I did not like it because it was a bit more tiring over a the long haul. I like the looks of the shorties, and the resistance to bending in falls, but I like the leverage of the longer levers. I run my levers mounted slight loose on the handlebar to help prevent lever breakage since I do not run handguards :ride:

The main reason I got the Zeta levers was because of all the clutch problems I saw posted. The Zeta adjusting levers allow you to set your clutch cable loose and adjust the lever for a full pull. It is kind of hard for me to explain how it really works. But you really do gain travel in the pull of the lever. I also have not noticed any stiffness or harder pull from me.

I'm not trying to sell anybody on these as they are expensive but, there are worth the money and you can tell before you even mount them up. Zeta is good $hit.

damn :-/ Sorry, Foxbrook.

Get the sidestand cut and welded. Nothing worse, makes it difficult to find a suitable spot to park the bike. Cut, weld, spray-can...satin black so you don't have bother about the silver being different.

gliderboy, me too, i don't like them. Weight and clutter. I can see the point, definitely, but i think of how we used to do ok - "back in the day" - with just the levers loose enough so they can swivel. i dunno why people have them on supermotos. If it's about riding in cold weather, cold that gloves aren't enough, ok, 'nother story.

i also got the Zeta levers. Not as expensive as the other big name brands. And i think shorter reduces the chances of them getting broken or bent.

The very short clutch levers are because they have hydraulic clutches. (At least, KTM do, i dunno about the others.)

Edited by bjp_cat