What fingers do you use in the woods?

This is mainly talking about the clutch hand, I usually have all fingers wrapped around the throttle. But I was wondering what everybody else does? See when i come up to a long, and i try to cross it with my index finger covering the clutch, it seems like its harder, and when i try and pull up the front, i end up pulling in the clutch enough that it makes it hard to cross. so the easiest, smoothest way is to do it with all fingers on the grips. I watched a video of a race, and the guy had his middle finger, or both middle, and ring finger covering the clutch, which lets the index finger wrap around the grip. Is this better? I have a week before i can go out and try this, just wondering what everybody else's thoughts are.

I tend to use my middle finger on the clutch a lot, and my index and middle on the brake. But honestly it changes all through the ride, sometimes I've got my first two fingers on the clutch, and only one on the brake. Once it finally got to be mostly habit I don't reallly notice anymore.

I tend to use my middle finger on the clutch a lot, and my index and middle on the brake. But honestly it changes all through the ride, sometimes I've got my first two fingers on the clutch, and only one on the brake. Once it finally got to be mostly habit I don't reallly notice anymore.
im the opposite

I do middle and ring finger on the clutch and middle only on the brake. I feel I keep most of my grip strength by keeping my index finger around the grip. I come from a BMX background where strength around the grip as well as a hard pull on the lever was needed on certain tricks.

I use my index and middle for the clutch and index for the brake.....

i cant hold on to the grips tight enough if i have any more than 1 finger on the lever.....i use index only, but towards the end of the race if that finger is getting sore i'll sometimes use index AND middle finger also. ive noticed that im in less control of the bike when i have more than one finger on the lever and it has lead to crashes because i hit a rock or some other object and the my hand got yanked off the grip.

Same here but will just use the middle on the clutch when not in a test or something tight or tired.

Thats what i do, but just feel like i loose control, and grip that way when i have to do a lot of pulling up.

I always keep both my index and middle fingers on the clutch and brake.

And sometimes the middle if someone won't let me by!

Index only on clutch and brake, pretty much at all times. Though my new WR450 has a pretty stiff clutch pull, I've had to use index and middle, and not digging that too much.

None on the clutch (Recluse) and index and middle on the front brake.

+1. Me too

None on the clutch (Recluse) and index and middle on the front brake.

cheat! I want to make a race that is "no Recluse allowed" :p

Middle finger on the clutch and index finger on the brake. As the day wears on I'll add the index to the middle finger on the clutch.

Give the other riders the finger and your hands on the bars ! :ride:

I put index finger on front brake and usually index and middle finger on clutch. :rolleyes:

Generally index on brake and index on clutch. Sometimes middle on clutch, but usually not.

cheat! I want to make a race that is "no Recluse allowed" :p

Riding with a Recluse is like cheating.

I keep my middle finger at the ready for when people try to pass me. And then I pull out my gun :)

For the clutch I use index&middle. Front brake I just use the index finger. Index finger is on it at all times and then I add the middle finger for when I am going Hard as a Mother-F'er into a tight corner about to pass 3 people.