2008 Yz450f jetting

Hi Guys,

I have a 2008 YZ450F and live in Australia, just purchased a FMF Titanium slip on tail pipe and was wonder what the best jetting setup would be for this pipe and bike. Have purchased a 2006 CDi unit to help with bottom end but am fairly new to dirt bikes so any help would be appreciated.

You shouldn't have to change the jetting.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Elliott Cooper
      Hi Guys,
      I’m new here!
      Also only 20 years old haha! - a couple years back I acquired my grandads old DR400s.... (long story, he bought it brand new in 1980, sold it to his cousin in 81, it then got put in storage from 81 - 2016) basically I spent a good 6 months fully restoring this beautiful bike! (Favourite bike I have ever worked on) - stupidly low miles and two registered keepers from new!!.
      The downside to it being stored is there was fuel left in the tank and carb! - I’ve had the carb to bits multiple times, soaked in many types of cleaner... I still am having issues getting the thing to start.
      basically I was just wondering if anyone had managed to find an Aftermarket carb that is a straight swap for this bike that won’t ruin the bank!!

• By olddude13
      2007 wr250f
      Not sure what to do? jb weld? new used carb?
      My worry is if repair fails dust will get sucked in.
      Im looking at the $179.00 oemstd carb but they are made in China

• By gmortie3rd
      I blew up my '14 drz S a few weeks ago. Started, and ran cold up to to redline one the highway. I know it was dumb. But i have since installed a big bore kit and stroker crank. I also had the head serviced with new SS valves and had it ported and polished at Fastheads. 
      I was running the 3x3 mod, and a JD jet kit. Everything else stock. 
      Wondering if the bike will run well with stock carb and pipe, and what jetting to use. 
      If it will run like crap, what carb and pipe do I want to run? (I want a quiet pipe)
      Normal operation is at 600 ft and cool, but do travel to colorado often.

• By Jeremy Evans
      I just bought a 2012 xr650l and it starts and runs great until about 4000 rpm give or take (I’m guessing) it feels like it spits and pukes. Also when releasing the throttle the exhaust pops and hiccups. I am calling the dealership to ask if they are willing to fix the problem as I just purchased from them yesterday but I am curious as to what the problem could be in case they do not offer to help for my “as is” purchase. I have read a couple other topics on here that talk about the vacuum lines being hooked up to an air cut diaphram but I don’t know what that is. The smog delete has been done on this bike as well as a slip on dg exhaust and the side cover has a bunch of holes drilled in it exposing the air filter. The battery has also been relocated. My question is what jetting should I have at 2000 feet? I am planning on opening up the carb to see what the idle jet and main jet are and if they were even changed from stock. Also if someone knows about the air cut being hooked up to vacuum and can supply pictures that would be very helpful. I know that the smog block off kits just plug the vacuum holes and the air cut usually gets disconnected. Thanks.