?

Yup, I wear a thin custom made by my dentist. Ever been popped in the mouth by roost, or had your jaw slam shut in a crash? I have, glad I was wearing my mouth piece too. My dad spent too much money on my teeth when I was younger getting them straight, I'd hate to chip or knock one out now. Some studies show mouth guards help prevent concussions, I've only been seriously concussed once.

• Like 1

Yup, I wear a thin custom made by my dentist. Ever been popped in the mouth by roost, or had your jaw slam shut in a crash? I have, glad I was wearing my mouth piece too. My dad spent too much money on my teeth when I was younger getting them straight, I'd hate to chip or knock one out now. Some studies show mouth guards help prevent concussions, I've only been seriously concussed once.

You had yours custom made, I wonder if the same ones I use for football could be used or if it would be too thick or uncomfortable?

• Like 1

You had yours custom made, I wonder if the same ones I use for football could be used or if it would be too thick or uncomfortable?

I'm a ex football player and yes

I'm going down to the sporting good store and pick one up. Warm it up in water. Place in mouth and clinch teeth for a few seconds. From trim with scissors. Custom mouth piece

I've ridden with one of the off the shelf deals with an upper and lower withan air passage in the middle. I found it helped for my breathing a bit. Downside is it's bulky and gets kinda annoying in a 3-4 hr ride. More difficult to deal with a bite valve, also

Best guard I ever had was back in football. The dip in hot water deals were OK, but nothing compared to the vacuum formed ones made from the mold provided by my dentist. They stay in place without having to bite, easy to get a drink, and way less garbling of speech.

Yep, and both my boys do also. I can tell with my older boy just by watching him ride if he has it in. He is much more aggressive and focused when he is wearing it. Cracked teeth and concussions suck................

I've ridden with one of the off the shelf deals with an upper and lower withan air passage in the middle. I found it helped for my breathing a bit. Downside is it's bulky and gets kinda annoying in a 3-4 hr ride. More difficult to deal with a bite valve, also

Best guard I ever had was back in football. The dip in hot water deals were OK, but nothing compared to the vacuum formed ones made from the mold provided by my dentist. They stay in place without having to bite, easy to get a drink, and way less garbling of speech.

I also used an off the shelf mouth guard and found it to be bulky, the one my dentist made fits perfect (obviously because he made a mold of my teeth) and it stays in my mouth well. He charged me $30 for it, which I felt was reasonable for its function and quality.