Sign in to follow this  

Embarrassing pics of when you started riding

Here is my antique contribution....it was the summer of 1980, and I am WFO on my 1980 Honda CR-80R on my small track that I built (mainly with a shovel!) at my parents house where I grew up here in Indiana. Nothing beats the smell of Castrol "R" and corn in the air!! Even though my jumps were shovel made, and riding gear I had on (a t-shirt and jeans) are embarrassing to look at now....those were some of the best memories I have of growing up!

Meonmy1980CR80.jpg

That's awesome!! Reminds me of my 1979 xr 80. I rode that thing every day for 3 years. Good memories!!

I don't know why anyone thinks their pics are embarrassing? Everyone is a rookie at some point and not everyone can afford full blown matching carbon fiber gear. The very act of being out riding makes you infinitely more blessed than many people.

• Like 1

I don't know why anyone thinks their pics are embarrassing? Everyone is a rookie at some point and not everyone can afford full blown matching carbon fiber gear. The very act of being out riding makes you infinitely more blessed than many people.

Yeah I agree. Maybe I should've titled it better.

the oldest pictures i have go back to 2005 or so, i was 16. Back when i first started riding track after riding trails all my life. back on the 02 yz250.

Amago6.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

to now. a couple weeks ago

perriswhip1.jpg

Edited by Die_trying

the oldest pictures i have go back to 2005 or so, i was 16. Back when i first started riding track after riding trails all my life. back on the 02 yz250.

Amago6.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

to now. a couple weeks ago

perriswhip1.jpg

Progressed a lot huh? Nice whip!!