First Ktm

Soo I just traded my yz250f for a 01ktm sx I have owned lots of 2 strokes and this is my first Ktm I got it about 3 hours ago.... I love it!!!! It freakin rips I was very shady had never even thought about owning a Ktm and my friend convinced me to go test ride this one.. I jumped on kicked it and away I went nervous of what was to come after about a 30 min rip season I came back with a grin and a new found love! Kinda soft on the back end shock anyone know how to change that... But I think I just became a Ktm lover...

Soo I just traded my yz250f for a 01ktm sx I have owned lots of 2 strokes and this is my first Ktm I got it about 3 hours ago.... I love it!!!! It freakin rips I was very shady had never even thought about owning a Ktm and my friend convinced me to go test ride this one.. I jumped on kicked it and away I went nervous of what was to come after about a 30 min rip season I came back with a grin and a new found love! Kinda soft on the back end shock anyone know how to change that... But I think I just became a Ktm lover...

Being an 01,I'm sure it's due for service.

Also getting the proper spring helps immensely.

Soo I just traded my yz250f for a 01ktm sx

What 01 SX is it? 125, 200, 250?

You will notice, the shock has no link, its directly connected to the swing arm. This system is called PDS which stands for Progressive Damping System. What that means is, as the rear end compresses, it's suppose to get progressively stiffer. If the oil is super old, it doesn't work properly so thats one thing to think about.

How heavy are you? Perhaps the springs are wrong...

Service the rear to make sure all is good, and you might as well have the front done as well. I would also make sure it is sprung for your weight, so it may have springs in it that are "under sprung" for your weight.

It's a 250 and I'm a buck 70 the bikes back end is way lose however a have a lot of parts on there way the bike runs like a champ and I ran it all weekend at Chadwick with e rear shock feeling like riding a pogo stick... Lol