How to get idle ajuster out of carb?

Honda

The previous owner of my 2007 400ex twisted the idle cable to shit anyways I'm replacing It but I don't know how to unscrew the cable from the carburetor. There is no spot for a wrench or anything and its impossible to unscrew it by hand please help!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By racerbri

I sold my CRF450 some time ago and I have a bunch of parts as spares. Here is some of the good stuff I have:

* Crank Shaft NEW
      * Complete OEM Honda Clutch pack (friction and metal plates) NEW in packaging for 2006 and fits many other years - NEW
      * New Barnnett Complete Clutch Kit (friction and metal plates)  - NEW
      * 4 fork bushings NEW
      * Water Pump Impeller NEW
      * Water Pump Shaft NEW
      * The head is used has had light porting work - no valves, just the head
      * Stock stator - Used

Tell me what you need.  I was thinking around half of retail is a fair price or make me an offer.  

Barnett Complete Clutch Kit - Friction and metal plates - MAKE ME AN OFFER

12200-MEN-850
      CYLINDER HEAD
      MAKE ME AN OFFER

8 plates 22201-MEB-670
      DISK, CLUTCH FRICTION
      MAKE ME AN OFFER

7 plates 22321-KZ3-690
      PLATE B, CLUTCH
      MAKE ME AN OFFER

19215-MEN-850
      IMPELLER, WATER PUMP
      MAKE ME AN OFFER

19241-MEB-670
      SHAFT, WATER PUMP
      MAKE ME AN OFFER

13000-MEN-850
      CRANKSHAFT
      MAKE ME AN OFFER

4 parts
      51415-KZ3-B01
      BUSH, SLIDER
      MAKE ME AN OFFER

31120-MEN-731
      STATOR
      MAKE ME AN OFFER

• By jack strobel
      I have an 86 XL600R and I have difficulty starting it when it's very cold or inbetween "room temperature" lets say, and hot. Meaning if it's hot I can start it right up, and on a nice spring morning, i can start it with a kick or two. BUT if its hot and I park to have lunch or stop for a half hour or so it is unbelievably hard to to get re-cranked. Since I have removed the compression release from the kickstart lever it is unbelievably easier to start in any condition, and I have heard of drilling out the choke jet for a little more fuel from it (this taken from a video, i only thought the choke was an airway thing. Any help wold be appreciated, i have no info on jet sizes in it now or anything like that, it is the stock XL600R carb. 

I also am wondering what you guys would recommend for Modifications for the bike. IE Guage Change, Exaust, headlight, brake light, ETC. I already have LED blinkers, Pro Taper bars, Partsguy Bark busters, And a UNI-filter air filter. 

Thanks, Jack
    • By faizakhtar125
      Like this comment if you have a YZ. I want to see how many people have YZ's, especially YZ125's
    • By faizakhtar125
      Hey I was planning to buy bikes, do some cosmetic upgrades, and then resell it after a while. So I found a 2001 YZ125. He was asking $1,250... I know that I shouldn't negotiate over the phone but I did, after 5-10 tries, he lowered it to $800. Now the bike needs is a new frame paint ($20), some graphics ($50), a new tank since the color was faded ($180), and maybe new plastics ($100)... It is about 2 hours away, and we're going to need to rent a truck to pick it up. Not to mention pay for the transfer fees ($150) . So if I end up spending $1,300, and if I can sell it for $1,800-$2,000, I can make a maximum profit of $700. Should I go for it? The bike can possibly sell for $2000 in Cali since there's the whole Red Sticker and Green sticker thing. Red sticker you can only ride October 1- April 30. So no May, June, July, August, or September. Which is basically riding season. But this bike is a green sticker, so there's a huge value for them. With Green sticker, you can ride any time. I think I should go for it.

• By worleyzack
      Hey the dealership said to bring in the Bike after 100 miles and I was wondering how you read this dang thing, it’s 2 digits with the tenths making it 3 and it says 52 & 2 tenths and there’s no way it has 52 miles on it, I’ve only ridin it 3 times so far. I guess it might be possible but just want to make sure I’m reading it right.