Which one to keep?

I currently have both an 05 Honda XR650R that's plated and an 05 Yamaha WR450f, also plated.

The BRP has some miles on it, maybe 10k but it is an XR. It also has a set of sumo wheels, big tank, seat concepts seat, rack, Baja Designs race light and some other goodies. Uncorked of course but still on stock carb.

The WR is uncorked, big tank and all the lights. It has about 700 miles on it.

Most of my riding is two track, gravel etc. I take off for the occasional weekend ride with a little camping gear, say 300 miles or more in a day. The WR is better in the tighter stuff but the XR is better in open stuff and on road, but not a whole lot if I put a good seat on the WR. I don't have to sell either I just don't ride either enough to really keep both. The WR has the magic button which is nice. What do you guys think? BTW, I also have a GasGas 300 for real single track and a Aprilia Caponord for the road.

Pics of the bikes in question.

14608fa9.jpg

efd80740.jpg

WR

I currently have both an 05 Honda XR650R that's plated and an 05 Yamaha WR450f, also plated.

The BRP has some miles on it, maybe 10k but it is an XR. It also has a set of sumo wheels, big tank, seat concepts seat, rack, Baja Designs race light and some other goodies. Uncorked of course but still on stock carb.

The WR is uncorked, big tank and all the lights. It has about 700 miles on it.

Most of my riding is two track, gravel etc. I take off for the occasional weekend ride with a little camping gear, say 300 miles or more in a day. The WR is better in the tighter stuff but the XR is better in open stuff and on road, but not a whole lot if I put a good seat on the WR. I don't have to sell either I just don't ride either enough to really keep both. The WR has the magic button which is nice. What do you guys think? BTW, I also have a GasGas 300 for real single track and a Aprilia Caponord for the road.

Pics of the bikes in question.

14608fa9.jpg

efd80740.jpg

Yeh, I agree with above....WR. Very cool tank, E-button, nice trials tires and great potential.

WR....Keep it!

Edited by originalmonk

WR

buh bye brp!

WR

WR

Looks like there is no need for me to answer.

Clearly you told us which one you enjoy ridding

Time to pull the trigger goodbye wr

I enjoy riding them both, I haven't had the WR for long though. The XR I've had for over three years. With the Gasser in the mix these two just seem a little too close to the same purpose.

I enjoy riding them both, I haven't had the WR for long though. The XR I've had for over three years. With the Gasser in the mix these two just seem a little too close to the same purpose.

Edited by MLB007

The XRR is faster and more reliable, ditch the WR. I would also put more streetish tires on the XRR if you not going to single track it. That will make it an urban assault vehicle!

Are those Shinko 705's? How do you like them?

Yes they're 705, I had regular sport bike tires on the sumo wheels but they were terrible on any gravel. Even debris in the road they felt bad. With the 705s I can ride it plenty hard on the street while being able to ride gravel and hard pack trails. I run them on my street bike as well.

Faster? maybe flat out in a straight line. Not in the woods.

He said he has a Gas Gas 300 for the woods!? For everything else, the XRR will kill a WR.