FMF header pipe gains?

I just installed an FMF powercore 4 on my "s" model. Will I gain anything by purchasing the FMF header pipe? Is it worth the money?

yes there is a little something to gain with the full system. without an aftermarket head pipe is nothing more than noise. it is worth it

I think I'm going to go ahead order it today. Just didn't know if it was worth the $185

I think I'm going to go ahead order it today. Just didn't know if it was worth the $185

well.....it depends. at the end of the day depending on what kind of deal you got on the muffler and header combined you could have got the MRD pipe. but i will say either way you will like the power the fmf will give you

A cheaper option .....Look for a pre 2004 E header pipe (cali models) or 0-06 49 state E and 00-03 K header pipe...the same power as the FMF header pipe ...

They often appear on Ebay....

Edited by Craigo 485sm

Sell the FMF and put a bit more then the 185 and get the full MRD/SSW system, my riding buddy has the same bike as mine (''REAL S'') with the FMF on and the MRD is a step above imo, and his, lol

I know this is un-related, but can anyone show, tell, or explain the heat shield install on the aftermarket pipe. I've seen the pics on the modified clamps, but i'm still a little confused how they attatch to the shield and pipe.

Thanks,

I know this is un-related, but can anyone show, tell, or explain the heat shield install on the aftermarket pipe. I've seen the pics on the modified clamps, but i'm still a little confused how they attatch to the shield and pipe.

Thanks,

http://www.mrd-racing.com/page04.html

bottom of page 6

Thank you VERY much. Just bought em! I burnt the shi* out of my pants last weekend.

A cheaper option .....Look for a pre 2004 E header pipe (cali models) or 0-06 49 state E and 00-03 K header pipe...the same power as the FMF header pipe ...

They often appear on Ebay....

can you explain to me the k thing? mines a 2006 dr-z400e k6 Edited by NHdirtmonkey

"K" in regards to a Suzuki DRZ400 is a year code. K1, K2, K3........For years 2001, 2002, 2003.......

Also some times used incorrectly to identify a Kick start only DRZ400 - DRZ400K which does not really exist.

"K" in regards to a Suzuki DRZ400 is a year code. K1, K2, K3........For years 2001, 2002, 2003.......

Also some times used incorrectly to identify a Kick start only DRZ400 - DRZ400K which does not really exist.

:thumbsup:

Check this one out. Cheaper than powerbomb and chrome.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item19d87b43c4

It doesn't state the pipe diameter....It's most likely a chrome plated stock S/SM headpipe..

A "REAL E" head pipe is approx. 3 mm larger diameter....

^^^ True

The DRZ Kicker only model was designated DRZ400K by Suzuki.

"The DRZ Kicker only model was designated DRZ400K by Suzuki". -----Most emphatically NO. The DRZ400 kicker model is simply "DR-Z400". There is no post script letter for the kicker model.

The "K" is part of the year code as K1, K2, K3...... etc. All models of the DRZ400 E ,S, SM and kicker share the same year code for the appropriate year. Example: 2002 DR-Z400SK2.

The brackets worked great. I did have to use my factorty bolts for the heat shield. The ones sent from MRD pulled the rubber washer through the hole in the heat shield. But, a great fit.

Thanks