Best mods for tall racers

What are some mods you guys recommend for a tall racer. Im 6'4". Right now I have my 2012 kx450f pegs in the lowest adjustment position and 10mm bar risers. I still feel like I'm gripping with my shins. I've been contemplating a tall seat but I'm not sure. I see tall guys like Jeff Loop make it work. Kyle Partridge says he only runs 8mm risers and that's it. What do you guys recommend?

Edited by e11enz2

What are some mods you guys recommend for a tall racer. Im 6'4". Right now I have my 2012 kx450f pegs in the lowest adjustment position and 10mm bar risers. I still feel like I'm gripping with my shins. I've been contemplating a tall seat but I'm not sure. I see tall guys like Jeff Loop make it work. Kyle Partridge says he only runs 8mm risers and that's it. What do you guys recommend?

I'm 6'5 and i run basically the same setup as you on my 11 kxf450. I do run a tall seat.

i have an 11 kx450f and i run 997 bars. id like to get a set of 998 (Kdub bend). i have a tall seat and 10mm protaper bar risers. i still feel hunched over. im 6'1

lower footpegs, renthal rc high bars, and I run a medium guts tall seat with a bump. The medium foam sinks to the same height as a normal seat but adds an inch of grab room when standing.

Subscribing...I am a tall rider and I am I looking for a different handlebar mount setup...I need more room to get lower in the corners.

Stock 2012 KX450 with the pegs in the lower position. Stock bars as well.

Suggestions?

Subscribing...I am a tall rider and I am I looking for a different handlebar mount setup...I need more room to get lower in the corners.

Stock 2012 KX450 with the pegs in the lower position. Stock bars as well.

Suggestions?

I use Tag xt-1 handlebars in the stock kawi bend. Love it. I also put 10mm spacers under my big bar mounts. Helped a lot also.

Renthal rc high twinwalls, sdg step seat

Im 6'6" and its a perfect setup for me on my '10 kx450f

only 10mm ?

I'm 6ft I got 60mm risers, running a standard Yamaha bend. Destroyed my old ones, had them in the shed =p

I am 6'5" with a 36 inseam,I have a 2007 KX450 with RG3 clamps.I run the clamps in the forward position and just switched from windham bend pro tapers to rm low/pastrana bend lower bars,much better! I run an SDG tall seat and am looking at lower pegs.There is a post about CRF mounts working on a KX and moving them 8mm lower,would that be enough and would getting a set of S&R mounts to move them lower for a total of 18mm be too low? Might not be able to move the controls that low. I have run Fastway pegs before in the low position and was not comfortable with them being moved back,bent my knees more,may have to retry them though. I run my bars parallel to the fork tubes and like the shorter bars because they are farther away from me,no issues when standing other than my knees touching when squeezing the bike.

Windham bars, GPR v4 stabilizer (raises the bars a solid inch) and pro-taper 2.4 pegs with the -5 cleats.... I still run the stock seat and it doesn't bother me too much. 6'1"

6'4 run kx high bend pro tapers and that's it. Closer can keep to stock heights with seat, pegs and bars better bike handles

I am 6'5" with a 36 inseam,I have a 2007 KX450 with RG3 clamps.I run the clamps in the forward position and just switched from windham bend pro tapers to rm low/pastrana bend lower bars,much better! I run an SDG tall seat and am looking at lower pegs.There is a post about CRF mounts working on a KX and moving them 8mm lower,would that be enough and would getting a set of S&R mounts to move them lower for a total of 18mm be too low? Might not be able to move the controls that low. I have run Fastway pegs before in the low position and was not comfortable with them being moved back,bent my knees more,may have to retry them though. I run my bars parallel to the fork tubes and like the shorter bars because they are farther away from me,no issues when standing other than my knees touching when squeezing the bike.

I was going to say the same thing, about the handle bars.   I used to run RM or YZ low's on everything (10+ years ago) when I was in my prime.  I liked the fact that my arms where further away, helped me keep my elbow's out.  On this recent KX450f build I picked KTM High's they seem ok, and had the RC Double high's on before these and didn't like them.  Just picked up a couple basket case YZ's and noticed they have short bars, might swap them out and see if it reminds me of yesteryears.  I am running the Ride Engineering 21.5 offset triple tree's with the handlebar mounts rotated so they are as far forward as possible.   I have a SDG tall seat but stopped using it before I redid this bike, dunno if I liked how i felt in turns, not to mention I didn't like the way it looked, and of course the older and slower I get, the cooler I want to look!  ;-)    Running Moose set back pegs, but don't know if I notice a difference, plus as I mentioned in another thread they are heavy.   I'm kind of a jump on and just rip it guy so I am not sure if I notice a lot of the changes, as I get older I am trying to change that.

6'4

210 lbs

Edited by tblade0123

I second that tblade,the lower bars seem to open things up more,some of the bigger pros don't run tall bars or risers,Pastrana,Knight etc.,I still have the stock seat to switch out and try.

I have RG3 20mm clamps in the forward position also.

Im around 6ft 2 / 3 180 lb and I run xtrig triple clamps with 21mm offset. Their phds bar mounts with the 10mm risers on them and a 997 twinwall bar. my bars are in the furthest forward position hole on the clamps but with the bar mounts towards myself. It has made standing riding much easier but I feel it now suffers with being harder to turn corners (quickly and sharply).

The bars are probably too high now,I went from Windham bend with no risers to Pastrana/RM low bars both in the forward position and turning is automatic,very few if any tall pros use risers,they will use tall seats though.

At 6'5" I have no problem standing,it's automatically keeping me over the front for turning,and sitting and turning is very easy,no washout worries,braking is better too.