450x rally production model?

550490_509836242361496_450367536_n.jpg

I did a quick search and didn't find anything... if this is old news please forgive me... how much do you think this will cost?

Honda's New Production Dakar Rally Racer

Torrance, CA: Last week, Honda unveiled its new CRF450 Rally model Dakar racer at the 2012 International Motorcycle, Scooter and Bike Fair in Cologne, Germany. The world debut of this production-based race machine centers on its entry in the Dakar

Rally in January 2013.

America’s Johnny Campbell, the 11-time Baja 1000 champion

who previously gained Dakar Rally experience in Africa, will

join Helder Rodrigues (Portugal), Felipe Zanol (Brazil),

Sam Sunderland (United Kingdom) and Javier Pizzolito

(Argentina) in an international effort.

In 2013, Honda will aim for its first rally victory with

a model built from a production-based machine.

The CRF450 Rally model is based on Honda’s commercial CRF450X off-road racing machine, but changes include its use of Honda’s Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system, increased fuel capacity and the addition of a sophisticated navigation system.

Other changes were made to the bodywork

and chassis. The CRF450 Rally model in its current configuration has undergone extensive testing in Japan and will be tested further in its first race at the Morocco Rally October

14th. The Morocco Rally will serve as a real-world test to gather data, identify any problems with the machine under

actual race conditions, and pinpoint any operational issues.

It's a 'system' of parts, available to a qualifying race team, to create the bike or a bike like the one you pictured, and is based on the 2009 CRF450X.

The primary differences are not motor performance, but extremely large gas and water tanks, extremely large amount of redundant electronics, navigation and communication, Ignition and FI system of the R model, and Showa A-kit suspension.

There is no 'Rally Model' to be delivered to showroom floors.

Edited by Krannie

Oh, and that bike pictured there is about $80,000.00.

Buy two, there small.

80k not bad... lol... it said production?

Edited by somethingnuw

80k not bad... lol... it said production?

probably cheap compared to a rally truck or car i guess

For 80k, I would buy a full tilt luxury prerunner and ride in comfort.