How to get an awesome deal on a new truck?

I've been in the market for a new truck. I'm trying to work a deal & see if I can walk out with only spending $25,000. I want an F150 4wd supercab V-8. Sticker price is $36,000. So far, the dealer is able to get the price down to $26,900. Throw in taxes & fees and now I'm back up to $28,859. Any thoughts on how I can get him to come down another $3000?

Bring in a breifcase full of cash :)

That'll get the price down real quick.

talk to a sales manager not a sales person and go on the last day of the month. managers get payed on numbers not on the cost per truck/car and on the last day of the month most of them will drop money off to get one more sale that month.

I've been in the market for a new truck. I'm trying to work a deal & see if I can walk out with only spending $25,000. I want an F150 4wd supercab V-8. Sticker price is $36,000. So far, the dealer is able to get the price down to $26,900. Throw in taxes & fees and now I'm back up to $28,859. Any thoughts on how I can get him to come down another $3000?

Bitch about it on TT!?

Or realize you probably don't need it and its a waste of money in the first place....it really is just a luxury!

Go to one of those high volume, high pressure sales dealers. They will take a "loss" on a new truck if you tell them you'll go somewhere else. I went with my then-girlfriend to help her find a used mazda. We went in with a budget of $16k, and they kept showing us 19k models. We told them we were leaving because they didnt have what we wanted. The sales manager came out and offered a brand new car for $15.5. Winning.

Have you seen the invoice yet? If not ask them to show you the invoice, it just may be that your already at the bottom dollar on that particular truck and need to look at a less expensive one. It also may be the case that there is additional room for them to move on that unit.

But don't forget they aren't there for fun, they need to make money too.

Bitch about it on TT!?

Or realize you probably don't need it and its a waste of money in the first place....it really is just a luxury!

Nobody's bitching. I'm just trying to gain some useful insight. Not sure why it would be a waste of money? A dirtbike is a luxury, do you ride? Thanks everybody, I'll fill you in with the end result.

Nobody's bitching. I'm just trying to gain some useful insight. Not sure why it would be a waste of money? A dirtbike is a luxury, do you ride? Thanks everybody, I'll fill you in with the end result.

I was kinda in a cranky mood that moment. I apologize....

Seems to be a trend on TT of people who order the wrong parts for either their bikes or themselves and then bash the products on these forums. Gets kinda old after awhile. Again, I apologize for my remark....

You are looking for a very popular truck. The dealers can hold out on them. You might be asking for a little too much here. Be firm but don't be an ass. My son just started selling cars and trucks and his dealership has on rare occasion asked people to leave for trying to get something below absolute cost and being an ass about it.

If I could get that truck for 20% off OUT THE DOOR, I would have already done it.

Edited by SMarquez

Damn they are coming down almost $10K already and thats not enough. What do you think they paid for it?

Dealers WANT you to finance because they make more money that way, therefore you negotiate the best deal you can get and pay it off in cash ASAP. Just make sure the contract you sign does not have penalties for early payoff.

Dealers WANT you to finance because they make more money that way, therefore you negotiate the best deal you can get and pay it off in cash ASAP. Just make sure the contract you sign does not have penalties for early payoff.

Yup. Only people the suitcase full of cash works on is desperate private sellers. Dealers couldnt care less.

Yes in private sales cash speaks loudly

On an F-150 going from 36K to 26.9 is pretty close to rock bottom. Invoice to sticker is [generally] 5k plus (or minus) rebates gets you to about 27K. That is a great deal (about as good as your gonna get), taxes and licensing is YOUR job, not part of the price of a vehicle. If you can't afford the 29K, try a "less equipped" truck.

(best deal I've EVER seen......42K truck sell for 33.5...dealer LOST 2k on the deal!)

P.S. I agree with the "last day of the month"....but if they're at the bottom, they're at the bottom.

Go on ford.com and request a brochure for the F-150. Often times you will receive along with the brochure a "private offer" for $750 off. This will be above and beyond anything the dealer offers you. It will probably take a few weeks to get it. The price you are mentioning is pretty much the best you're going to do. It's not uncommon to get $10k off an F-150 but anymore isn't really going to happen (except you can get that additional 750 off)

"Kick in the door, wavin the four-four, all you heard was Poppa don't hit me no more"

Wait, wait, I was just listening to some Notorious BIG......but hey, it might work!

Buy it in Mexico from a private seller.

Sweet deals on new cars.. They've all got at least one broken window though, it's the damndest thing.

Bullets do that. :smirk::eek:;)

They are offering 12k off on 2012s. There are tons of ford dealerships. One of them will work a deal. Or ask if they have a demo that they want to sell.