2013 kxf forks

hey guys ,

ive been playing around with my stock 13 kxf250 forks and havent been able to get them set up to where i am happy . Ive been offered some kyb a kit factory forks with brand new gold nitrate stanchions for a good price , just wondering if u think that paying $800 for them is a good deal , all set up and serviced.

cheers

any recommendations on stock fork setup is appreciated.

It's not bad. Are they true A kit as in oversized? If so are the clamps included? Stock clamp won't work with a kit unless you bore out the clamps due to increased diameter. If its just regular stuff that's coated it's not really worth it your lowers are already done and you could get your uppers done for less than 800. I like the SFF myself and the other forks are traditional twin chamber.

It's not bad. Are they true A kit as in oversized? If so are the clamps included? Stock clamp won't work with a kit unless you bore out the clamps due to increased diameter. If its just regular stuff that's coated it's not really worth it your lowers are already done and you could get your uppers done for less than 800. I like the SFF myself and the other forks are traditional twin chamber.

yeah they are true A kit forks and im getting them with xtrig clamps . everypart of them if factory kyb and the stanchions and feet are brand new. your the opposite to me as i like the conventional fork more than the sff.

Properly set up I love SFF. Stock vs stock the tradition twin chambers are better. Sounds like your minds made up. Buy the KYB's somebody will probably pay good money for the SFF for a two stroke or something

Properly set up I love SFF. Stock vs stock the tradition twin chambers are better. Sounds like your minds made up. Buy the KYB's somebody will probably pay good money for the SFF for a two stroke or something

i think i have made my mind up, but i wanted to be sure i wasnt wasting my money. and its nice to be able to say ive got an akit setup..haha. but i appreciate your thoughts anyway. i know the sff has come along way but even last year i couldnt quite get a good feel for it and that was after a year of trying to get it where i was happy.

Sorry to hijack thread, but can't find that other thread that shows the stock settings. I tried to make some changes to my 13 the other day and totally f'd myself. pushed the front end in two corners and went down pretty hard, bent the clutch lever on one of them, now have to bend it back..? Right out of the box it was pretty good, except for the braking bumps were hard as crap. still a total newb at this suspension stuff. Just want to set it to how it should be and go small from there, any help would be awesome!

Sorry to hijack thread, but can't find that other thread that shows the stock settings. I tried to make some changes to my 13 the other day and totally f'd myself. pushed the front end in two corners and went down pretty hard, bent the clutch lever on one of them, now have to bend it back..? Right out of the box it was pretty good, except for the braking bumps were hard as crap. still a total newb at this suspension stuff. Just want to set it to how it should be and go small from there, any help would be awesome!

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/MXAS-2013-KAWASAKI-KX250F-MOTOCROSS-TEST-THE-ONE-W-9489.aspx

Their recommended settings and stock are included

Thanks man, will have a starting point for tomorrow.

15 clicks in on the spring pre load seems like an awful lot especially considering that 4 clicks on the 13 is equal to six on the 11-12 fork. Start at about 3-4 clicks on that pre load and work your way in our out from there. I'm about 5 in from full soft on an 11.

15 clicks in on the spring pre load seems like an awful lot especially considering that 4 clicks on the 13 is equal to six on the 11-12 fork. Start at about 3-4 clicks on that pre load and work your way in our out from there. I'm about 5 in from full soft on an 11.

Alright. and just to make sure, in means from fully soft? and out means from hard?

If your forks are stock, send them away for a revlave as with your shock. The price on the A kit is sweet but you will still have to get them setup for your weight, speed and riding style....

And tell me where these forks are? Im in the market..... :smirk:

If your forks are stock, send them away for a revlave as with your shock. The price on the A kit is sweet but you will still have to get them setup for your weight, speed and riding style....

And tell me where these forks are? Im in the market..... :smirk:

part of the price is having them setup for me which sort of made my mind up , and i live in the uk so im getting them from my local kawasaki dealer who is also a good friend of mine . He gave me the price for the forks but ive recently spoke to him and he said i can have forks and shock for £1000 so thats $1500. Still a good deal i think.

And as for stock suspension , ive had it valves and setup but ive just never felt confortable with the sff fork.

Go with the A Kit and sell your SFF stuff to recoup the money! Thats what I would do!

http://motocrossacti...ONE-W-9489.aspx

Their recommended settings and stock are included

Made adjustments and rode Sunday. Springs felt great. Then I cased a jump sideways in air and rolled bout 3 times. Seperated shoulder. Be out for few weeks. But hey the shocks felt great!

Go with the A Kit and sell your SFF stuff to recoup the money! Thats what I would do!

A kit? link? And I dont want to sell my new forks. I ain't that good. lol.

you will easily be able to re-coup all your money selling your stockers!

A kit? link? And I dont want to sell my new forks. I ain't that good. lol.

i think that was ment for me as im the one getting the akit setup, :)

And ill probably keep my stock stuff anyway incase i decide to sell the bike in the future .

Edited by monkerz18

Monkerz did you get the a kit stuff? Is that forks and shock or just forks? Is there any chance you can get some more of that stuff?

Count me in for those KYB forks! If there are any left...

Actually happy with my 12 Graeme B forks....

Count me in for those KYB forks! If there are any left...

Actually happy with my 12 Graeme B forks....

the shop owner only had one set left wich is what i got ..

Monkerz did you get the a kit stuff? Is that forks and shock or just forks? Is there any chance you can get some more of that stuff?

i got the forks and shock and i gotta say that it is the smoothest riding fork ive ever ridden. soo smooth throughout the stroke. i had the only set aswell.

Edited by monkerz18

got the kit on the bike now. its so nice, never would have thought suspension can handle chop so well and i haven't even got it dialed in properly yet. i opted out of the gold stanchions as i personaly prefer the black.

tt front.jpg

tt rear.jpg