2003 RM 125 BOTTOM END GONE ?

hello everyone i just got a 03 rm 125 for $500 i figured i could sink a little money in it and give my kx450 a rest the bike i think has something wrong with the bottom end it does have compression and i did start it for a couple seconds but it makes a horrible rumbling noise when running with the bike off if u slowly pull down the kickstart you can hear the noise also it sounds like a bearing is gone my questions are

1 how expensive is that gonna be to replace

2 should i just try to find a used bottom

3 should i just part the bike out

Pull the cylinder and see what you got going on inside there. $400 - $500 should freshen it up. 03 RM125 is a good bike and worth saving from the bone yard.

check the clutch hub bearing, i know it may not sound like much but theres a needle bearing in there that could make an almost bottom end clank sound.

i think when i redid mine with everything new rebuilding the crank myself i was in it only 300 bucks at 10% above cost for parts. so about 500 should freshen it up nicely. otherwise feel your mains. could get lucky and have a really crap set of mains. either way you're probably going to end up splitting the cases.

check the clutch hub bearing, i know it may not sound like much but theres a needle bearing in there that could make an almost bottom end clank sound.

i think when i redid mine with everything new rebuilding the crank myself i was in it only 300 bucks at 10% above cost for parts. so about 500 should freshen it up nicely. otherwise feel your mains. could get lucky and have a really crap set of mains. either way you're probably going to end up splitting the cases.

^^^^Agreed.