Mod suggestions

I have a 13 CRF 250r and looking to get some experienced advice on mods to liven up the bike. Im 5'10 165 and race Vet expert if that matters.

Im looking to spend up to $2500 + if i have to. I was either looking at Naveen (poweredbynaveen) to build a motor for me:

Race Piston

Cylinder head Porting

Newen CNC valve seat cutting

Cylinder head machining

Ignition mapping

Cylinder coating

Piston coating

Piston rings coating

Piston pin coating

Valves coating

Intake buckets coating

Camshaft coating

FMF 4.1 system

Hinsen Clutch

moto-tassinari tunable intake boot

or, I was just going to do a 269 kit on it. My last bike was a KTM 250 with a BB kit and its was okay. Just felt like a big 250 nothing super crazy.

Anyhow, if anyone has had something like this already done or better Im just looking for opinions.

Thanks

Edited by gottwake

PM sent.

I have a 13 CRF 250r and looking to get some experienced advice on mods to liven up the bike. Im 5'10 165 and race Vet expert if that matters.

Im looking to spend up to $2500 + if i have to. I was either looking at Naveen (poweredbynaveen) to build a motor for me:

Race Piston

Cylinder head Porting

Newen CNC valve seat cutting

Cylinder head machining

Ignition mapping

Cylinder coating

Piston coating

Piston rings coating

Piston pin coating

Valves coating

Intake buckets coating

Camshaft coating

FMF 4.1 system

Hinsen Clutch

moto-tassinari tunable intake boot

or, I was just going to do a 269 kit on it. My last bike was a KTM 250 with a BB kit and its was okay. Just felt like a big 250 nothing super crazy.

Anyhow, if anyone has had something like this already done or better Im just looking for opinions.

Thanks

I race vet as well and build engines. This is just my suggestion and you may choose other options depending on what you want.

I like the big bores because you can run them in the vet class where I live anyway. I prefer the 270 kit over the 290 kit. I prefer the overrev I get out of the 270's but some guys like the lower end grunt the 290 kit puts out.

I typically stay within stock compression so I dont have to run race gas or at least only have to run it 50/50.

Porting is definitly a good way to go on the head and adding an aftermarket cam helps alot too.

On the Honda's I have been able to run the stock bottom end on engines putting 8-10 HP over stock without any issues.

As for the coatings not sure why you want to spend the money on that.

You definitly will want to go with a Hinson clutch kit including basket, hub, pressure plate, clutch springs, and clutch plates. The stock ones are weak even with a stock engine.

You should be able to get a good 8-10 HP for the money you are planning to spend with a brand new bike/engine.

Edited by Charlie755

I installed a 270 Cylinder Works BB , Hot Cams stage 2 and moto tassinari air4orce with a remap. The bike is unbelievable. It pulls so good from bottom to top and revs to the moon. Doesn't even feel like the same bike. I would do the BB but just my opinion.

I installed a 270 Cylinder Works BB , Hot Cams stage 2 and moto tassinari air4orce with a remap. The bike is unbelievable. It pulls so good from bottom to top and revs to the moon. Doesn't even feel like the same bike. I would do the BB but just my opinion.

Yea, I think thats a great combo for sure. Im leaning towards that same set up. I just need to find someone to do the work here in so cal.

Did you do any mapping?

Also, I was told to port the exhaust manifold.

Edited by gottwake

Remapped for sure. Bike was way to lean when I started it up. I didn't port it but I know it'll definitely help for sure