Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

There getting $65 for a chunk of nylon and I'm stuck with Blue?

I paid $64 and change for a new chain slider plus over priced shipping and ( IT'S BLUE) Thats not gonna be pretty on my red/black XL600 and the silver swing arm. Man-O-Manischewitz! The original part # 52170-KF0-005 was superseded by 52170-KF0-003. OK but no one told me it's blue. Shut my mouth suck it up and be happy I got one because the same supplier I purchased this from back in Jan now shows even the 003 as no longer available. If Honda can get $65 for these parts you would think they would keep making them as there's got to be major profit in a $65 piece o plastic. OK my point to this post was to let people know if you need a XL600R chain slider and it's # is 52170-KF0-003 be aware you may get stuck with bright blue.

• Like 1

I think a person priced a bike once by the parts and a $5,000 dollar bike was $70,000 built by buying parts from the dealer.

FLEA-Bay has them for 17 dollars in black.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=crf250+chain+slider+&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Edited by problemchild200

I wish. I don't see anything to fit a 80s XL600R. I should build a lead mold of this one and then some how start making them in poly resin or nylon. I wonder how hard it would be to reproduce one? But then I'll bet Honda would claim some kind of patent infringement.

The last one I got was from rockymontainatv. Have not installed yet. Not sure if it will be as good as OE. But I was trying to figure out, if I attach a piece of galvanized sheet metal.(cut same as original plastic) & make some kind of platic/nylon/poly/HDPM/whatever flat-stock piece, to lock into galvanized metal. ( the u-bend in front of swing arm does not need plastic nor abrasion protection)

The last one I got was from rockymontainatv. Have not installed yet. Not sure if it will be as good as OE. But I was trying to figure out, if I attach a piece of galvanized sheet metal.(cut same as original plastic) & make some kind of platic/nylon/poly/HDPM/whatever flat-stock piece, to lock into galvanized metal. ( the u-bend in front of swing arm does not need plastic nor abrasion protection)

You'll have to install it and let us know how it hold up.

I made one for my 83 500 out of high density polyproplyen and it's been working for the last 5 years. I only made it to cover the top of the swing arm.