How hard can I ride?

Hi,

few weeks ago got my new 2013 CRF250L, weekend trips was and still are great!

However, I was wondering how hard can I push the bike within its limits?

I mean, can I take it to the desert for a week of riding (not super enduro, but all kinds of terrains, not too aggressive) ?

has anyone experienced bit longer off road rides with the bike and can advise me?

Thank you!

You can ride that sucker to hell and back :p

you are not going to hurt it but it may hurt you ... :lol:

all kidding aside ... The CRF is very dependable and many people put many miles on them in really rough conditions. Make sure you have a good skid plate and bark busters on there :ride:

I am not sure what your experience is with Honda's CRF250R/X models but I use to have a CRF250R and as you can clearly tell it's motor is not even close to being in the same league. The reason being is you now have a super reliable bike you can push for long hauls day in and day out oppose to a high strung motocross motor that needs rebuilding after a few months of hard riding. Enjoy the bike and don't be afraid to take her for long hauls. That's what shes made for :thumbsup:

I've done 600 km, in a day, with 500km all off road,

I don't see a problem doing 1000km in a day either.

Your body will fail before the bike does.

ride it like you stole it :thumbsup:

You guys are awesome! thank you! :thumbsup::ride:

Edited by hades410

I can't believe I didn't catch this earlier when first posted :banghead:

read the topic again ............. :rolleyes:

"That's what she said" ..... :lol: :p ....... :banana:

once again .... I crack myself up ... :cheers:

ride it like you stole it :thumbsup:

I didn't realise there was any other way to ride a motorbike.Hehehe

I can't believe I didn't catch this earlier when first posted :banghead:

read the topic again ............. :rolleyes:

"That's what she said" ..... :lol: :p ....... :banana:

once again .... I crack myself up ... :cheers:

you must have gotten to the bar.... things always become 20/20 then... lol well, for me at least...

you must have gotten to the bar.... things always become 20/20 then... lol well, for me at least...

Nope ... posted from work.

And tonight I cooked up some marinated pork loins, roasted tators carrots and celery. Made a kicked up salad and some sliced avocados for some reason.

Nope ... posted from work.

And tonight I cooked up some marinated pork loins, roasted tators carrots and celery. Made a kicked up salad and some sliced avocados for some reason.

mmmm tasty!!!!! :goofy:

You guys do know "can" is a question of ability, right???

:p

You guys do know "can" is a question of ability, right???

:p

When you put it in that context, we can't answer that question without evidence. Hehehehe

To Hades410, we want videos, then we'll tell ya how hard you can ride!!! :p

When you put it in that context, we can't answer that question without evidence. Hehehehe

To Hades410, we want videos, then we'll tell ya how hard you can ride!!! :p

I was going to reply " I don't know? How hard can you???" right away, but I thought it would be rude.... :)

Edited by TNTsXR

HaHa, How it feels like:

dirtbikeridingwit800x0w.jpg

90290451897602483160819.jpg

How it looks like:

90205852107359462185179.jpg

:p :p :p

Edited by hades410

I pull the lights on weekends and have run 40+ Class Motocross races with it. Not a winner, but 5 laps upright and moving, and hanging in there with the pack is quite doable. Little heavy, does not like to 'land' but flies well, reminds me of the old days of the big 'scramblers' of the 70's and 80's, best comparison I can make is the old XT 500, but real usable power for what I do. Retired per mommas instructions my CRF450, and have by momma's demand slowed down, but he CRF250L is a fun ride, and can be run hard, wash it, throw the lights back on and commute to work on Monday. What could be better, other than finding a XT500 on Ebay.

^^ You take off the headlight assembly and the tail light and all...each time...?

I pull the lights on weekends and have run 40+ Class Motocross races with it. Not a winner, but 5 laps upright and moving, and hanging in there with the pack is quite doable. Little heavy, does not like to 'land' but flies well, reminds me of the old days of the big 'scramblers' of the 70's and 80's, best comparison I can make is the old XT 500, but real usable power for what I do. Retired per mommas instructions my CRF450, and have by momma's demand slowed down, but he CRF250L is a fun ride, and can be run hard, wash it, throw the lights back on and commute to work on Monday. What could be better, other than finding a XT500 on Ebay.

What track do you ride at ?

I have the Race Tech suspension and it lands very well and it sounds like you need it more than I did. :goofy:

what mods have you done ?

Still basically stock, FMF pipes inbound, WIIGStyle suspention upgrade soon, not really going to play with it much, just wanna run, no longer into the win it mode at my age, just 5 laps upright. I am 6 foot, 250lbs so no bike really likes landing with me onboard. Just run it like an old style thumper,smarts over power, try and keep the rear on the ground and digging, and keep the front end from washing. Got an endurocross 'endurance' race May 5, combo MX track and trails race, how many laps in two hours plus one lap, hope pipes get in b4 then.

Edited by oldsoldier173

Still basically stock, FMF pipes inbound, WIIGStyle suspention upgrade soon, not really going to play with it much, just wanna run, no longer into the win it mode at my age, just 5 laps upright. I am 6 foot, 250lbs so no bike really likes landing with me onboard.

Seriously get the suspension done, at least change the springs, you'll go a hell of a lot faster, and turn a few heads.