Hey guys, I'm Jordan and am relatively new to the forum. This is my first post. Back in late November I bought a nice new-condition 2011, hour meter read 22 hours. Was a one-owner bike and got a sweet end-of-season deal on it, but the kid who owned it was a bit of a "noob." There was absolutely no boot wear on the cases, and the kid seemed like the type of beginner that wouldn't take it out of 3rd gear. So this was good news for buying a used bike. He told me that he took to the dealer a couple times to get the oil changed, and seemed proud of this fact. So I essentially came to the conclusion that the only thing he knew how to do was put gas in the bike. At the post 20-hour mark, the fact that the bike never received any other sort of maintenance worried me a little SO, since the snow was starting to fall here in Montreal and winter had made its arrival, I decided that I'd strip the bike down and do overall maintenance on it, greasing linkage bearings and all. At the same time, I realized that I didn't want a stock-looking KXF like all the others I see at the track. I have a good family friend who does mechanic from A to Z, builds his own cars from the frame up, and I remembered he did power coating, and was awesome at it. It was at this point I wanted to do a sort of blue theme on the bike, but nothing too excessive like coating random parts like the oil filter cover. No. I was on budget and got a few trick blue anodized parts here and there, but the rest I got coated. Now here's the part that you guys have been waiting for: Throttle body thankfully is clean, as the air filter was relatively dirty... The beginning of the dismantling of both wheels A taste of the small little trick parts I got THIS THING WAS 25$!!! I have to stop my compulsive buying habits. It's kind of difficult to drain the oil without any wheels. Improvisation at its best Decided to remove all engine covers to have them sandblasted. I can't stand seeing boot rub over the years, it looks terrible. Bearings removed from hubs, and the cases were stripped instead. Powder colour: Dormant Blue Boom. Looks so good. Cases clear coated only, that is their natural magnesium colour after being run in fine glass beads for about 8 hours. Here you go people, this is the work done so far. I will update as soon as I get my suspension back (found out the fork seals were leaking) and when I get my wheels back from being re-laced and trued. Stay tuned!