SS Brake lines for the Cheap! (30$)

Hey guys just wanted to let you know about this guy. I found him on a SV-rider site and he makes custom ss brake lines for cheap. Including the banjo bolts. http://myworld.ebay.com/coastguard1975?ssPageName=ADME:X:CEM:US:1181

They took 4 days to ship and installed in about 30 mins including bleeding.

I've ridden with it over the weekend and all I can say is WOW! The response is so much better!

He'll ask how long total including the fittings he has to make it. Tell him 56" end to end.

1366822572770.jpg

Good find! too bad I already purchased the Gaffer line, but I will keep this guy in mind next time I need some lines.

Too bad I already purchased SS lines for both bikes already. Added as a favorite on ebay though to keep track.

“Cheap”, “Ebay”, "custom" and brake lines brings up images of the insurance commercial with "Gas station Sushi” as the tag line.

Thanks but I'll pass, regardless of the cheapness of the deal.

If they work well, don’t leak, burst, for a dozen years or so, then your decision will have been vindicated and I'll will issue a full apology for doubting such a cheap and good deal :thumbsup:

“Cheap”, “Ebay”, "custom" and brake lines brings up images of the insurance commercial with "Gas station Sushi” as the tag line.

If they work well, don’t leak, burst, for a dozen years or so, then your decision will have been vindicated and I'll will issue a full apology for doubting such a cheap and good deal :thumbsup:

A couple of friends use them on their Racing SV's for a couple years. A brake line is not a complicated piece.

A couple of friends use them on their Racing SV's for a couple years. A brake line is not a complicated piece.

Oh, ok...... hey your choice, enjoy

heck i don't think anything about a DRZ or any other motorcycle is complicated, but I see folks missassemble seat straps to pistons, transmission to turn signal bulbs :lol: And you know what, to them, those things are complicated.

To each his own.

(Oh and your right, if you know what you're doing, assembling several components to make a brake line is not difficult.)

No worries! :)

Yeah , I'm with E on this , I'll stay with the more expensive but quality lines

Yeah , I'm with E on this , I'll stay with the more expensive but quality lines

Im not saying, quality parts, assembled by a knowledgeable person can not be done for less the Big Name manufacturers .. I'm just saying, like gas station sushi is not a good idea.. buying hand assembled brake lines of unknown component supplier, assembled by an unknown person, with unknown experience, no published or stated QAQC process at a cheaper assembled cost than what I can buy known quality parts for at cost.. may not be a great idea.

Turn signals from a cheap unknown supplier....? Sure... Seat? same, grips? you bet. Wheel bearings, brake pads, brake lines...no thank you..

And yes, I build my own lines..... but I know the components manufacture, I know the builder, I know the QAQC inspection process....

Gas station Sushi or top of the line Sushi .. I'll play it safe and stay away from both .

I purchased a set of HEL steel braided. Lines front and back in yellow from Ebay for 85.00 including shipping, but purchased from a supplier in England. Only took one week and beet us suppliers by 40 dollars. also ordered a cam chain tensioner on ebay from england and saved money with no hassle. Just do your ebay search with free shipping.

IMG_00000033.jpg

IMG_00000034.jpg

I purchased a set of HEL steel braided. Lines front and back in yellow from Ebay for 85.00 including shipping, but purchased from a supplier in England. Only took one week and beet us suppliers by 40 dollars. also ordered a cam chain tensioner on ebay from england and saved money with no hassle. Just do your ebay search with free shipping.

Do you have a link by chance? I'm interested.......thanks