FCR Choke / Hot Start circuit

Can anyone tell me how the choke / hot start circuits work on the FCR carbs? I am confused as to if it allows more gas in or less air??

Thanks

LE

Can anyone tell me how the choke / hot start circuits work on the FCR carbs? I am confused as to if it allows more gas in or less air??

Thanks

LE

Hot start allows fresh air into the Venturi.

Choke allows fuel to flow into the Venturi via the starter jet.

Thanks

LE

Unlike an old carb, the choke circuit on an FCR does not 'choke' anything (like the intake being blocked off by a butterfly valve).

Just more fuel over and above the jetting.

thanks for the info...so on wide open desert straights (dry lake beds) opening the choke would cool the engine temps by creating a temporary rich mixture, but if you pulled the hot start it would lean it out correct?

thanks for the info...so on wide open desert straights (dry lake beds) opening the choke would cool the engine temps by creating a temporary rich mixture, but if you pulled the hot start it would lean it out correct?

What?

Adding or removing fuel does not 'cool' the motor.....unless it's WAY off to begin with.

If that were a good idea, 'all the racers would do it'.....

You've been talking to guys with air-cooled big-bore two strokes way too much....

You've been talking to guys with air-cooled big-bore two strokes way too much....

Yup...an old 2 stroke desert racer trick...along with selectively hitting the kill button while wide open...

Haha! Sounds like I've been lead astray by race dezert. Thanks giys