Aftermarket cam ?

Which should I go with ? Ill be doing high comp piston, kibble white vavles and a hot rod crank.

I personally like Dan Crowers cams. http://danielcrowerracing.com/ He makes a good variety of cams for different applications and I have worked with his cams enough to know they put out great power. Just my .02

Thanks a lot ill check it out, anyone else ?

I have been talkin to a member here about a mdk cam I just have to wait and see how my head is, because he's selling it as a package along with vavles.

I personally like Dan Crowers cams. http://danielcrowerracing.com/ He makes a good variety of cams for different applications and I have worked with his cams enough to know they put out great power. Just my .02

I got one from Dan. I'm very happy with it.

Did you notice a big difference though ? What other motor mods do you have done ?

I have only ever tried a hot cams stage 3, loved it.

07 crf250 13.5:1 hot cames stage 3 gold series with springs.

From what I read on here guys where saying to stay away from hot cams. Did you notice a big difference ? I mean, seat of your pants "holy shit" difference lol. Cause I'm wondering if I should just give my 250f to my girlfriend and just buy a 450.

I did notice a big difference. But my head has been ported too, along with Exceldyne valves & springs, full Yosh exhaust, Vortex ecu, Hinson clutch, CP high comp piston etc. Feels like a weak 450 to me. It rips and it's easy to ride.

Edited by j368

I did the cam springs and piston all at once, so i noticed a huge difference. more power from idle to the rev limiter. I like to ride in the upper rpms, i was happy with mysetup, but like i said its all ive ever known was stock and that.

If i ever end up with a crf again i think im going to try a ron hamp setup.

Thanks for the help guys. Basically what I'm after is more bottom end and mid range. I'm looking for a peppy motor. I do plan on calling Dan crower to see what I can get set up with and at wht price. I tryed to email Ron hamp couple weeks ago but didn't get a reply, I imagine he's busy.

J386 do you have any vids of your bike ?

I did do some reading and a lot of people suggested the 08 oem crank is that route worth taking ?

I do not have any video. Maybe I'll have someone take some this weekend at the races. I don't know about using a previous year cam in there. Talk to Dan, he's a good guy. You can also talk to Justin at Tokyo Mods too. He knows his stuff too. Several ex Honda factory guys there. Right now I feel like I have a great motor. When I rebuild the bottom end I'm going with the Carillo rod kit, and ceramic bearings. Kind of hate to sell it at the end of the year for a 2014 and start all over again.

Thanks for the help guys. Basically what I'm after is more bottom end and mid range. I'm looking for a peppy motor. I do plan on calling Dan crower to see what I can get set up with and at wht price. I tryed to email Ron hamp couple weeks ago but didn't get a reply, I imagine he's busy.

J386 do you have any vids of your bike ?

I did do some reading and a lot of people suggested the 08 oem crank is that route worth taking ?

What year is your bike? The '12 in stock form has bottom end to burn. So much IMO that I changed the gearing to a 14/52 so I could stretch my gears more, and I still have plenty of bottom. I told the guy that ported my head, that if he wanted to take some off the bottom and move it to the top to be my guest.

What year is your bike? The '12 in stock form has bottom end to burn. So much IMO that I changed the gearing to a 14/52 so I could stretch my gears more, and I still have plenty of bottom. I told the guy that ported my head, that if he wanted to take some off the bottom and move it to the top to be my guest.

My bikes a 04. Lol that's pretty funny. Do you race mx or ride woods ? What did it cost you to get your head ported ?

I race MX. The porting was all done by hand, and the guy is a perfectionist. No CNC machine porting for me, it was a work of art. Took him a lot of time, and cost me $450. With all the time he spent on it he should of charged me more to do it.

Oh really ? Is he a local guy to you ? Your bike sounds pretty sweet, throw up a pic.

Yeah he's a local guy. Makes it a lot easier. I've known him for a long time.'12 CRF250R 001.jpg'12 CRF250R 004.jpg'12 CRF250R 006.jpg'12 CRF250R 007.jpg'12 CRF250R 008.jpg

Yeah he's a local guy. Makes it a lot easier. I've known him for a long time.'12 CRF250R 001.jpg'12 CRF250R 004.jpg'12 CRF250R 006.jpg'12 CRF250R 007.jpg'12 CRF250R 008.jpg

Nice bike. I have a fully modded crf also and was wondering about the vortex ecm. Did you put it on at the same time all the work to your bike was done or afterwards. Is it worth the big $$$$? How different was it? Whats your fav map?

Edited by iMOTO189

I put it on afterward. I had Tokyo Mods remap the stock ecu and it worked well. Finally decided on the Vortex. For me it was like night and day. Well worth it IMO. I like maps 7, 8 & 9 the best. I was a little hesitant in getting it, but figured I'd sell it if I didn't see big gains. I'm not selling it.

I put it on afterward. I had Tokyo Mods remap the stock ecu and it worked well. Finally decided on the Vortex. For me it was like night and day. Well worth it IMO. I like maps 7, 8 & 9 the best. I was a little hesitant in getting it, but figured I'd sell it if I didn't see big gains. I'm not selling it.

Thanks. I am hoping the vortex comes with r&d genius throttle body for the hefty 1500.00 price tag. I am waiting for a reply from them to my email. I was curious if ecm was worth it by itself. Thanks again.

Let me know what you hear with that. I heard the Vortex will come with it, and their special maps. I've heard no release date on it, but I've heard great things about it.