KTM 350 SXF 2014 rumors/info?

Looking to buy a KTM SXF 350 2013 as a race bike and use the 450 2013 i have as training bike but it is getting closer to 2014 model info being available and i dont want to buy a 2013 if any major updates comes to 2014.

Anyone know or heard anything?

Sorry, but no big changes. Actually the biggest thing is a new front brake master cylinder. Shock, forks, tank, frame, plastics all stay the same. Naturally BNG. Engine stays with the non DDS clutch, gets only small updates on piston, starter freewheel, mapping. Euro 250F gets a new 5 speed gearbox though.

Graphics look nice though (from e-dirt.co.za):

2013-04-24_19-24-43_zps2ee7f68c.png

Michael

There won't be enough major updates to wait 8 months for a 14' and pay a premium at the end of the year. You should be able to score a good deal on the 13' no problem. Remember the 13' is the first year of this all new motor and they won't be changing it for a long time in my view. Its the best 4 stroke motocross motor KTM has made so far in my opinion.

I was told BNG for the SX models and a complete overhaul to the enduro/off-road models.

For a while now, KTM has alternated years between the SX/XC and the XC-W/EXC lines for major updates. 2013 was the SX/XC lines year for updates so naturally 2014 is for the XC-W/EXC lines of bikes. If you are looking to buy new it may still be worth waiting still the 2014's hit dealerships as they may cut prices to make room for the new models. Just a possibility, it also depends on the shop.

There won't be enough major updates to wait 8 months for a 14' and pay a premium at the end of the year. You should be able to score a good deal on the 13' no problem. Remember the 13' is the first year of this all new motor and they won't be changing it for a long time in my view. Its the best 4 stroke motocross motor KTM has made so far in my opinion.

I was told BNG for the SX models and a complete overhaul to the enduro/off-road models.

This logic must not apply to the 450? They had a 2012, then a 2012.5, then a 2013 and now a 2013.5. 4 models in 2 years...

Its the first time KTM has done that and its only due to the homologation regulations and DeCoster's insistence on making constant changes.

You seem to have all the insider info, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some the 13.5 450 changes end up on the 14 350. But that's just a pure guess on my part.

You seem to have all the insider info, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some the 13.5 450 changes end up on the 14 350. But that's just a pure guess on my part.

The first 2012.5 was the first of the new generation "Dungey/DeCoster" specials.

The second 2013.5 only changed one thing, the kick start gusset.

Per the AMA rulebook, you can't change the cases without reflecting that change on the homologated model. KTM started the supercross season with a new engine case and KTM re-submitted the bike for homologation with those changed cases. Because they had already gone into production on the 2012.5 as the standard 2013 model with some minor changes, they didn't want to re-nig and change the gusset on all the production models as thats very costly to throw away stuff you've already manufactured.

So the 2014 450SXF will be the 2013.5 bike with BNG. My guess is, there won't be another .5 bike.

The 250/350's already have the titanium valves, boxbridge piston and an even more robust bottom end then the 450SXF does today. The 450SXF would need a complete re-design motor wise to incorporate the updates the 2013 250/350SXF's already have. I doubt they'll do that anytime soon, but I have been wrong before.

Edited by tye1138

Maybe they aren't doing the 2 strokes this time around? :eek:

They've been making a number of changes on the SX bikes. I don't know what's in store for '14. Of course the yearly rumor of FI 2T bikes from KTM is out there but I'm guessing it's exactly that, rumor. The 2T enduro bikes are usually evolution versus big changes.