Clutch Basket

Best outlet to order a clutch basket on kx250f. OEM seems very high.

check the classifieds I have two comp oem clutch set ups one from a 06 another from a 11 both will fit 04-12

Motosport.com or bikebandit.com

I assume it might need a new basket, havn't taken it apart yet, but I didn't realize the clutch basket was 250.00 !!!

If anyone has a clutch basket in excellent condition, I would be interested. Should be alot of them available with the auto clutch being so popular.

Edited by jsmith811

I assume it might need a new basket, havn't taken it apart yet, but I didn't realize the clutch basket was 250.00 !!!

If anyone has a clutch basket in excellent condition, I would be interested. Should be alot of them available with the auto clutch being so popular.

................. Did you miss the post above from Smallfry?

smallfry's parts are nice. He keeps his bikes in tip top shape, would not hesitate to purchase anything from him if I needed something....

Well after clutch inspection, I can see no notching at all on the basket, I measured everything according to service manual, and springs, plates, & Friction plates are in spec. I assume its as simple as a cable issue.. The clutch just has a very stiff pull, about 2x harder than the yz250f we have.

Any thoughts about extending the clutch actuator arm? Read about some others doing this, but haven't come across anything KXF specific. Might give it a try. Our clutch pull is a little heavy with heavy springs, but not too bad. Jsmith maybe you have some super duty springs in there? Or, as you said, maybe you have a gummed up cable. I'm thinking maybe pull the cable from the lever, unhook it from the actuator arm, make a little funnel at the top of the outer cable shield with duct tape and soak the inside of the cable with PB Blaster if it doesn't slide easy. I'm sure you already put some Molly grease on the ends of the push rod. Let us know what you find.

Yea could be heavy duty springs installed? Lubing the cable as Dragon has suggested is another great idea…

smallfry's parts are nice. He keeps his bikes in tip top shape, would not hesitate to purchase anything from him if I needed something....

Thank you I can't wait to get to the tracks i think you will beat me to them as i seen you were already in finals i still have a week before mine start ill see you soon. if waldens running something next weekend i might go there for a bit.

Thank you I can't wait to get to the tracks i think you will beat me to them as i seen you were already in finals i still have a week before mine start ill see you soon. if waldens running something next weekend i might go there for a bit.

Heh i've got 14 or so hours on the bike already.....12 of them were over spring break though. Last two exams today.