TTR 125 washer mod

What exactly is the washer mod? I see people talk about it but im not sure how to do it. Is it just removing the baffle and putting a big washer on the tip?

I am not sure. But would like to find out, at 175 i cant ride this bike stock and havent picked up and heavier oil to try that out. Have you done it yet with any results?

I am not sure. But would like to find out, at 175 i cant ride this bike stock and havent picked up and heavier oil to try that out. Have you done it yet with any results?

No not yet

Awkward moment, i thought this was referring to the fork suspension, until i read your other post. Fine day.

Awkward moment, i thought this was referring to the fork suspension, until i read your other post. Fine day.

Hahahahah

The washer mod is simple. Use three washers on your stock end cap bolts to space out your end cap.

The washer mod is simple. Use three washers on your stock end cap bolts to space out your end cap.

Do i remove the baffle?

No. Not unless you want a turd of a bike lol

i put a yz80 fork on my ttr125 and i also remounted my rear shock to raise it but now my chain rubs on my swing arm guard, is there any way to fix that? ps sorry to go off topic here.

Sorry, I really don't know

2005 TTR 125 raised from the dead. 1st of all, Thanks to all who post here on thumpertalk, you save my daughter's bike for sure,.. plus you made me look like a hero. :ride: That TTR would only idle while the choke was on, and it was always very week at low and top end, but ok in the middle. Now it has life and power everywhere! I did the air box mod (drilled a 2inch hole in the top, ditched the snorkel and ditched the screen), the washers in the pipe mod (allows some air to escape around the spark arrester, and I changed the jets. The stock jets on this bike are 105 main jet and 15 pilot jet. I changed them to a 110 main and 17.5 pilot. The air fuel screw on the bottom is 2.25 turns out. The idle screw on the side is about 1/3 out. The needle is set to the lowest (closest to the ground) of 3 positions. I tested down our street and I am so pleased with the results. It is not even fair that the parts cost only $15, accept for the fact that all of this should have been factory. I'm only 300 feet above sea level in dry climate so I'm sure I'll have to do some tuning when we get to where we ride at about 5,000 feet. I'll post back after then to share new results.

8833991146_6874a0f069_b.jpg

8833986394_cd8587d2de_b.jpg

8834001766_4130f406c9_b.jpg