Some help with riveting would be appreciated!

Hey guys, so I need to change out the stock exhaust cap on my 2012 Ktm 150xc. The first race of the year is this weekend and it requires a spark arrestor. So I went ahead and ordered one from enduro engineering. For some reason this never crossed my mind, but I noticed today that the cap is only held on by rivets. I've never worked with rivets in any way and have no idea where to start when dealing with them. So if you guys could tell me how to take the rivets out, and re install them with the new end cap that would be great! Thanks!

Hey guys, so I need to change out the stock exhaust cap on my 2012 Ktm 150xc. The first race of the year is this weekend and it requires a spark arrestor. So I went ahead and ordered one from enduro engineering. For some reason this never crossed my mind, but I noticed today that the cap is only held on by rivets. I've never worked with rivets in any way and have no idea where to start when dealing with them. So if you guys could tell me how to take the rivets out, and re install them with the new end cap that would be great! Thanks!

Watch this video....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOLddz9mxrw

You're gonna need to drill out the rivet centers that hold the exhaust cap on now. Punch out any remaining rivet sections. Then use a hand rivet tool & new rivets (same size as the old ones) to rivet the end cap back on. Your Ace Hardware guy should have everything you need.Rivet Gun.jpg

Just remember that you don't drill out the whole rivit. You just drill enough to get the rivit head off. You don't want to push the drill bit into the silencer.

When you run the spark arrester screen it will make your bike run fat. You need to run around two steps leaner jetting on the jetting chart to correct for the sparky. If you don't you will have spooge all over your bike and you might foul your plug during the race.

The spark arrestor from enduro engineering comes with the drill bit you need to drill out the rivets. The new end cap comes with socket head bolts that screw into the spark arrestor holder so there is no need to rivet the new one on. I installed one on mine this last weekend and it took about 15 minutes. Very easy install. Good luck!!!

The spark arrestor from enduro engineering comes with the drill bit you need to drill out the rivets. The new end cap comes with socket head bolts that screw into the spark arrestor holder so there is no need to rivet the new one on. I installed one on mine this last weekend and it took about 15 minutes. Very easy install. Good luck!!!

Thats fricken sweet, thanks a bunch everybody!