Sign in to follow this  

Suspension pistons banding

Hello people does anyone know if the banding around the showa fork piston/ valve on the rebound rod can be replaced or wether I have to buy new pistons? The banding is leaking bad in the forks and not sealing.

If it had to be replaced where do you get it or is it better to just replace with something like gold valves?

Thanks people xx

Hello people does anyone know if the banding around the showa fork piston/ valve on the rebound rod can be replaced or wether I have to buy new pistons? The banding is leaking bad in the forks and not sealing.

If it had to be replaced where do you get it or is it better to just replace with something like gold valves?

Thanks people xx

yes they are replaceable. call jeremy wilkey at mx-tech.com. he should be able to get them for you.
  • Like 1

by the way what is this off of. I have some spare pistons with bands I believe. I could see if I have one that will work for you.

by the way what is this off of. I have some spare pistons with bands I believe. I could see if I have one that will work for you.

Thankyou dearly for the offer but I have come across a complete set of suspension from rg3 that will get me back on track. Was the quickest and easiest way out of the situation.

Thankyou again

:-)

Thankyou dearly for the offer but I have come across a complete set of suspension from rg3 that will get me back on track. Was the quickest and easiest way out of the situation.

Thankyou again

:-)

anytime man