YZ 325

Just replaced my EG295 with ESR's 325 kit. Going riding this afternoon at our local mx track for a initial test. I'll let you guys know what i think! This forum has helped me out a lot. I've been a visitor here for a couple of years and this is where i learned about the EG295, using 22 clamps, Scalvini pipes, FW weights (dont like em) and the Eddie Sanders Racing 325!! Ill give you guys my honest opinion!!

• Like 2

First ride done! First off, i loved my EG295! This 325 is a very close cousin to the EG295. Its only a little faster/stronger! Runs clean on top, but had a slight hesitation down low. I called ESR and they told me to turn the air screw 1/2 turn out and drop the main a #. Ill get the jetting down this Sunday. I could definitely pull through the sandy turns and skim across the whoops better! Noticed that the exhaust noise was much louder and some spectators commented how the sound was much different than that of the other yz250 on the track!photo325.JPG

• Like 1

Here's a pic of aphoto325-2.JPG[attachment] standard yz250 piston and the new 325 piston.

• Like 1

So would you recommend the kit over the 295 for someone has a 250 or do you think the 295 was more bang for the buck?

Also nice looking bike and garage. What are you working on in the background?

Geez! Right now its hard to say which motor i like better. Ive had two good years with the 295 and im very familiar with it! The 325 seemed like it had more torque and i was grinning ear to ear on those first few laps! The frame did hum a small amount more. It does win the bling test with the milled head and the big bore sound though! Im racing it next weekend and ill have a better idea!

sorry GaDRZ, in the background is a 2009 yz250 i bought last week on Craigs. It only had a few rides on it and then stored.I couldnt resist buying it! I yanked the motor out and put the 325 kit in it. Pulled my 295 motor out and put the fresh 325 in my 08 chassis. I intend to build two identical bikes with one being the 295 and the other the 325. Use one for moto and one for cross country racing.

How cool is it to have choices? Now we have an advantage to the same yz 250 engine being in production for 72 years. Thumbs up for FIVE oversize pistons....Sort of throws the disadvantage of a sleeve out the window. Love it. I wish Eric or ESR would consider buildign me some artificial knees so I could take advantage of their goods.

I want five oversize on the knee, too.

• Like 1

Have you considerd putting one of the new smart carbs on? I am thinking about doing it on my 295 and waiting for the 345 to come out. I'm thinking getting a carb that can flow a little better for the extra ccs might give some additional improvment over the few % others have been seeing on the dyno for stock bikes.

Edited by Kurtis85

Kurtis 85! you must be a mind reader! Thats the next item i'm looking into! I just havent had time to read all the info on it. This Sunday i will concentrate on getting it properly jetted. Never had to mess with the jetting on the EG295 though!

Harper, what jetting did you run on the EG295 and for what altitude? I've had nothing but jetting nightmares with that bike and I consider myself decent when it comes to jetting. The Lectron carb fixed that up, but I'm always curious to see where others have arrived for the same issue.

What's the cost of the 325 kit?

Yeah I like how you get a whole new cylinder. For everything you get it seems like a really good deal. Also from what I have read there are no modifications needed to the bottom end (not 100% sure on that but I seem to remember reading it).

Edited by GaDRZ400sMan
  • Like 1