AJP PR5 Anyone know about these bikes?

All I have seen from AJP are their air cooled models. I believe the engines are made by a Taiwanese scooter manufacturer and are either heavily based on the XR engine or an actual reproduction of them.

That is the first I have seen of a liquid cooled unit. Looks good too. Not bad for a company started by two broke Portuguese motorcycle mechanics (if I remember right).

• Like 1

I guess the older PR5 had an aircooled motor. I liked the concept of kind of solid xr type solid motor with an updated frame. still I haven't seen anything with the newer watercooled motor..

Here's a vid but not sure if it's the older or newer one yet..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Tough to tell for sure, but it sounds like the air cooled model. There is a video of a PR5 running a timed test I have seen a few times and it sounds exactly the same (at least to me). Not that it means much since all small bore four strokes sound the same to me.?

Liquid cooled or not, they are interesting machines. Seems there are more and more Euro brands popping up daily. I hope we can see some entries from North America soon. Saying that, I am looking straight in EBR's direction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...