Sign in to follow this  

Weird fouling issues.

So heres something thats always bugged me and i really hope you guys can help. When i used to race my kx 100 nearly everytime i took it on a long road trip it would foul the plug almost as soon as i started it. But it would foul a plug other than after a road trip. I always turned my gas off and just figured it was an old piece of crap bike and whatever. But now that hapoened on my brand new ktm 150. So it there something im doing wrong? I always kept the gas off while it was in the truck. And again it didnt even act like it wanted to foul a plug other than after the trip. Also the jetting is just about spot on. Running just a tad rich. And its running br9es plugs. Maybe thats to cold, but im always a little nervous about making it run hotter. Any help will appreciated! Thanks!

I dont even need the choke, so it is running a bit rich. Also I dont let it warm that long, just until the engine feels pretty warm and the bike is fully responsive. It has a c ast piston in it so I dont think any cold seizures are likely any time soon.

I had this issue with a 2006 YZ125, andalmost the exact same issues. The carb and jetting are stock, as anything else did not ork right, and I now forget the air screw and clip settings, but what I do remember is that I went from a BR9 to a BR8 plug and went from a 32:1 mix to a 40:1. I never foul a plug now, and my son does not either and he lugs the bike like crazy.

Yeah i was thinking about just going to an 8. And theres nothing special about the trips. Im just talking about it being in the back of the truck on the way to a race.

Yeah i was thinking about just going to an 8. And theres nothing special about the trips. Im just talking about it being in the back of the truck on the way to a race.

I generally drain the float before loading the bike onto the truck. The closest track to me is over an hour so it spends a lot of time in the back of my truck. My guess is, on your trips you hit some seriously bumpy conditions and slider is being covered in fuel? Does that sound too far fetched?