DRZ 400 with a RMZ 450 engine

This would seem logical, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the case here in Washington. We can plate anything and Drz's are still stupid expensive.

Which is super weird. I go to big dual sport meets on the border and no one from Washington is on a drz. There's a few 690s and 500s and tons of 450s, 350s and 300 smokers. You lucky bastards. There's usually several drzs and 650xls with Oregon plates.
  • Like 2

Oregon has gone bat-shit crazy just like California. I'm sure Washington won't be far behind. 

Oregon is arguably Moar bat shit than California. Bisexual Feminist Environmental Lawyer Governor and crazy Lesbian House Speaker. This is Oregon's brain trust. [emoji23] Screenshot_20180306-130419.jpg
WA used to be like Oregon several years ago, I was shocked when they started plating dirt bikes again.

they want the dineros.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HeavyRotation said:

they want the dineros.

Cheers to OR getting desperate for the dineros if it means plated dirt bikes. But yeah, careful what you wish for with wanting the state to be desperate for more money as they often come up with far worse schemes to get money besides plating dirt bikes.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
Anyone know the weights of both the DRZ400 and RMZ450 engines?   RMZ450 frame with a DRZ sounds awesome to me (lightweight frame with a bulletproof engine).

From what I've read online the DRZ mill is around 80 lbs. It didn't feel that heavy when I pulled it out of my bike and carried it up and down the stair in my basement.  

There is a YouTube video of a guy weighing the LTR/RMZ 450 engine at 72 lbs. Don't know how accurate it is though.

The RMZ chassis is superior but it won't feel the same with the DRZ engine. The real difference between a modern MX engine and the DRZ's is how low the crank is in the cases. Just look at the height difference between an RMZ cylinder and the DRZ's, the engines use a nearly identical stroke. That higher rotating mass is what gives the DRZ the top heavy feeling.

• Like 1