Hey guys. So I'm looking for another dirt bike. I was wondering if a 450 would be too much power for me? I am 5'9" and I just came off a 2001 YZ 250 2t. I have plenty of experience and have been riding since i was 5. I'm just worried that a 450 would be too much power for me and I won't enjoy it or if a 250f will be kinda boring.

Thanks.

Coming off a 2stroke the 4strokes aren't as random with the power the 250 2t and the 450 4t run in the same class so you'll be able to handle it for sure but the power will be much more smooth.

I just went from a 4 stroke to a 2001 YZ250 smoker.....If you can ride the 2 smoke, you'll have no issues riding a 450.

I miss the smooth roll on 450 power!

If you can ride a YZ250 the 450 will be easy. A 250f will be boring, although they really do run good if you're not a big guy and like to rev the guts out of a bike.

I went from nothing to a 450f. do it. a 250f is more comparable to a 125 2t

I went from nothing to a 450f. do it. a 250f is more comparable to a 125 2t

Ya......No

A new 250f is running close to a older 250 2t. New 250fs are quite amazing......

• Like 1

I know this topic's a month old but i just recently started out with mx and trail riding and had only ridden minimotos (blata b1) and a yz85 small wheel about nine years ago and me and my bro got an 05 crf450r and to be honest its entirely managable probably not the best thing to learn techniques and such on but have managed to teach a few friends how to drive it incident free bar one mate but he has a gsxr1000 so he just expected more grip and lowsided. only have it about a month and a half but take it out twice a week for a couple of hours and i think personally i'm more confident on it and know how far i can push it myself with my current experience level and i'm delighted with it. :thumbsup: