old 2 stroke jug/barrel and head i cant identify,

i got this old 2 stroke jug/barrel and head from a friend the only markings on it are, TS on the side of the cast intake(doesent use reed valves) and 4331-71 and 869-13-624 on the top of the head and thats the only markings. i well post pics when i get time for it just thot i would ask. ty for any info

• 3 weeks later...

Not yet need to get the piston out of the jug as well someone left it siting in the top so its rusted in at the moment, but ill well post the bore size in a day or 2 just need to finish puting together this yx 490 motor and get the frame sand blasted.

its probably to a early 70's like a 1972-1975 Suzuki ts125 or ts250

The fins on the head don't look right for a TS, at least not for a 250. On the couple TS 250's I have, the fins on the head stay back from the side a bit so there's room for the pipe. Also if it was a TS cylinder it would have a hole for the oil injection on the left side of the intake.

Edited by AntMan88

It's fins do look similar to the 75' TM 250 head, but the TM cylinder and head for those models were black from the factory. Also it would seem like the cylinder and head the op posted would be for the same bike, and if that's true I doubt it's for a TM because that cylinder does not look like a TM cylinder. Just my opinion though.