Disk guard

My front rotor is warped, I'm willing to bet it's from dropping it on a rock somewhere. My dealer says that he can't find a front rotor guard for my bike. Has anyone ever come across one that would fit an 09 450 RR?

My front rotor is warped, I'm willing to bet it's from dropping it on a rock somewhere. My dealer says that he can't find a front rotor guard for my bike. Has anyone ever come across one that would fit an 09 450 RR?

Is it really the rotor that's warped, or just the carrier? I've bent my carrier a couple of times now and straighten it afterwards each time. With a little practice its not too hard.

Don't know of any front disk protectors yet.

Good luck,

Catfish ...

I haven't had luck with disk guards, had a metal one on my Husky on the front and kept bending it into the disk, the rear is in the Mojave desert somewhere, it broke the tabs off my carrier but that was before there was a replacement brake caliper carrier.

Hyde Racing makes them for the Betas. Not sure if they are available overseas, but in SA we have them

I adapted a flatland ktm front disc guard on my 09 Beta 525 RS.. I had a hard time finding bolts long enough . I forget exactly how I did it really. It was a while ago. It's mounted ok but not perfect but it does work since I see a lot of gouges and scratches in the metal. If I remember right the kind of offensive part was drilling through the threads in the axle clamps.. I don't remember if I did that now or not.. I do remember recoiling at the thought but also know that I wanted a front guard for sure as I go through bad sections of rocks that would damage my rotor. I'm not exactly sure which ktm disc guard from flatland it is but can't imagine that there are many models. I just grabbed it off the wall from Tiki Cycle my local Beta dealer and put it up against some bikes and figured I could adapt it. I like it. I'd like billet one like I have on my cr(Topar) but this was just available . ..

Not a very good shot but if you freeze it at around :25 you can see it a little.

Try checking around for more options though. I'd think that by now with marzocchis being on gasgas and husky that there would be something that's bolt on.. Maybe that's another avenue to seek.

http://www.flatlandr...ront Disc Guard

Here's Hydes racing.. depends on you but i don't care much for the looks but all Hydes stuff is black plastic over everything anyway..depends what you dig.

http://www.hyderacin...hp_cdf_70_l.jpg

I got this on my cr and it's fricken solid and looks nice..not sure about the fit to adapt is all.

http://www.toparracing.com/ktm-11/

more ideas..

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/10/216/6419/DPITEM/Dirt-Bike-Motocross-Brake-Covers-Guards-Devol-Front-Disc-Guard.aspx?SITEID=Google_Devol_Front_Disc_Guard&WT.mc_ID=10001&WT.srch=1&esvt=GOUSB340931533&esvx=None&esvadt=999999-0-4009319-1&esvid=400071&gclid=CM6aqIbE-bYCFcU5QgodWXgAIg

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Is it really the rotor that's warped, or just the carrier? I've bent my carrier a couple of times now and straighten it afterwards each time. With a little practice its not too hard.

Don't know of any front disk protectors yet.

Good luck,

Catfish ...

Thanks! 5 minutes with a rubber mallet and pry bar and it's as good as it ever was. I feel dumb for not thinking of trying to straighten it.

Can be scary when the rotor bends and pushes the piston in and your brakes don't work until they pump back up

Can be scary when the rotor bends and pushes the piston in and your brakes don't work until they pump back up

From another poit of view, then is where you really know how fast you can be..... :ride::eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't like that feeling going into a corner

Hyde Racing said they'd have them in about ten days, you get a right and left side guard for the same money.

From another poit of view, then is where you really know how fast you can be..... :ride::eek:

Downshift and use engine braking :p

By that time it's too late to use engine braking

Hyde Racing said they'd have them in about ten days, you get a right and left side guard for the same money.

I never thought of right and left side being protected.. I guess that's right but the majority I would say is the outside protected and the guard being just bigger or higher than the disk is the most important part.. The inside on the spoke side isn't as much of a problem.. but you never know I guess . I also am not liking the possibility of the guard having the chance of collecting mud. Hyde products do look like they would work well.. They just don't look very nice to me though. ..How they work is more important I've got to say.

You get a left cover for the brake disc and a right small cover for the bottom of the fork leg.

They are pretty tough, already tested mine.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1367913436.211541.jpg

That guard looks pretty good, not listed on Hydes site yet though

They not so efficient that way. Either mail them or get your local dealer to find out for you.