TWO STROKES

From what I under stand its the EPA that lobbied the big bike makers to stop racing them in super cross,mx ect. If you notice European countries mainly use 2 strokes to race cause you have more power per pound. I have heard of talk that brp snowmobile makers are working on a fuel injected 2 stroke that doesn't doesn't burn oil.

They won't come back into pro racing for years to come. Who knows if they ever will. :excuseme:

Amateur racing is seeing more and more two strokes, in fact Loretta Lynn's has a Two stroke dedicated class. Many 250A, B, and C riders on the local levels will use 2 strokes as well.

It's really simple actually. The 4stroke turds are faster and easier to ride, making them a more competitive machine. I mean, if RC could ride a 2stroke as fast as he could ride a 4stroke, he probably wouldn't have made the switch along with everyone else. Just my opinion, but it is based loosely on facts so don't shoot the messenger!

• Like 4

They won't come back into pro racing for years to come. Who knows if they ever will. :excuseme:

Plenty of pro riders ride 2strokes, it's just in off-road and EnduroCross.

It's really simple actually. The 4stroke turds are faster and easier to ride, making them a more competitive machine. I mean, if RC could ride a 2stroke as fast as he could ride a 4stroke, he probably wouldn't have made the switch along with everyone else. Just my opinion, but it is based loosely on facts so don't shoot the messenger!

TheWeez speaks the truth!

• Like 1

IF the new DI systems emulate the 4 stroke power deliver and clean up the emissions... why wouldn't they make a comeback for the everyman?

I'd love a lighter, cheaper, easier to maintain machine that delivered power the way my 450 does.

IF the new DI systems emulate the 4 stroke power deliver and clean up the emissions... why wouldn't they make a comeback for the everyman?

I'd love a lighter, cheaper, easier to maintain machine that delivered power the way my 450 does.

I never said for the every man, I said for pro racing. There are several good 2 stroke boutique brands out now & they have a very small following, parts are hard to get & they get a bad rap for suspension & terrible power bands. Hell even the Husqvarna takes a beating by the mags for its performance

You can find yz250 parts for day s new and used that's An advantage when you smash the expansion pipe every year. I do plan on fabing up a crash bar around it this summer though. Got brand new v force 3 reeds for $50 on crags list

A 2 stroke will never deliver power the way a 4 stroke can.

• Like 1

With the right reed block, reeds I believe they can. A big factor in that topic is no one is really trying to advance 2 stoke tech. Ktm and a few snow mobile companys are working on new tech a little. And yes. I missed the off brand part.

Im not sure If Ive ever seen so much misinformation and straight stupidness in a 4stroke vs 2 stroke thread as this one? Have you ever even been to a national? Privateers still ride 2 strokes. Usually at High Point thir is atleast 3 or 4 guys on them. usually at least one guy makes it into the main event on them. And you cant get parts? are you kidding? I have a GasGas...about as exotic as it gets, i drive 20 min down the road and the dealer has about 3 bikes worth of parts, He never even has to order anything for me, I get parts faster than I could for my YZ. If i feel lazy I order online and have stuff in 2 days, and the aftermarket even for my GasGas is way larger than I thought it was before I got the bike. And its even easier for KTM parts. Also the powerbands are nothing like old 2 strokes? ever ridden a 300 2 stroke? feels like a mix between a thumper and a 250. barely any hit and boatloads of low end, alot more low end than any 250f. And the suspension on the exotic brands are excellent now. The only suspension I think that is better than the Morzocchi/Ohlins setup on my GasGas is the SSS Kayaba stuff on the YZ's,

• Like 4

What would have to happen for Two smokes to make a comeback and do you think they ever will ? I'm hoping.

When someone designs a 2 stroke that can be ridden around the entire track in 3rd gear without having to actually use any brakes, they will make a comeback.

• Like 2