i like the osprey stuff. the bladders are much better quality and the pack is guaranteed for life for free repairs. their bladders also have a plastic plate in them that is shaped to fit nicely flat on the back vs camelback which is just a "bulb" of water on your back. camelback may be doing it now, but i know they didnt when i was looking.

Edited by mynewcr250

Look at the 50oz versions if your going to just be using it for races. Smaller and lighter would be the key there, and that should be plenty to keep you hydrated during a 2 hour race.

I love my Leatt. I put it on and don't even feel it there anymore. I stopped routing it through my helmet though because I hate drinking while im moving. Most of my drinks are during stops at enduros.

After years of cheapo 'camelbacks' that always leaked or failed at the bite valve, I recieved a 2 litre Fox hydration pak as a gift and have been using it all year so far. Its a hydro-pak only with very little room for storage and has work well for me up to now. If you feel like digging into it a little further, the July 2012 issue of Dirt Bike magazine has a fantastic article on hydration. They compare many different paks as well as what to put in them, very infomative.

I will only use camelback now, expensive lesson learned

Ogio imo offers the best quality for the $$

The 2012 erzberg model suits your needs the best i dont like the 2013 version though

i like the osprey stuff. the bladders are much better quality and the pack is guaranteed for life for free repairs. their bladders also have a plastic plate in them that is shaped to fit nicely flat on the back vs camelback which is just a "bulb" of water on your back. camelback may be doing it now, but i know they didnt when i was looking.

the osprey stuff is miles ahead of camlebak... i switched to osprey after using camelbaks for 15 years or so... better fit, better build quality... the only thing i don t like is the fact that the 100 oz bladder doesn t hold 100 oz... i use a camelbak 100 oz bladder with the osprey bite valve... win win

I will not use any thing by the brand camelbak. They are anti OHV and support movements against motorcycling offroad.

I didn't know that.....I have some no-name packs, but mainly use my all in one chest protector, pack, hydration unit from Zac Speed. Love it!

Based on a later post, it sounds like the rumour that Camelback doesn't support dirt bikers is false.

Edited by andrzej

100 oz M.U.L.E :ride: :ride: :ride:

• Like 1

Based on a later post, it sounds like the rumour that Camelback doesn't support dirt bikers is false.

I know you guy's are going to blindly follow the companys press release from 2001 saying "we are neutral." However see my point of view.

1. late 90's early 2000 some employee is affiliated hardcore with the sierra club, uses the company to push agenda.

2. camelbak waits a long time to denounce the employee, puts out weak press release saying we dont have a mx photographer, we are neutral we swear. It's 2013 they must still not have a mx photographer lol.

3. products have never been geared towards motorcycling or atv use or should i say specialized for that use imo. not advertised but lightly in dirt bike magazines. They just stick a photo of the pak in like here you can buy it.

4. go to their website right now, you will find hiking and bicycling and enviroment friendly activity based hydration systems. 0 reference to OHV use, trying to stay safe maybe or they are not into us lol.

I still think they are more enviro friendly than they say they are, they just want to keep sales up. It's 2013 and not a single reference to moto or a photo of a dirt bike to be found. Maybe they are super neutral but other companies do support the sport.

• Like 1