cr125 hard to start

I have a 2005 cr125 when it is cold or sat after a ride for a few minutes it starts great but after a hard moto it is almost impossible to start you have to role it. the spark plug is not wet it looks perfect. the bike only has around 15 hours on it graet shape

heres a pic so u know it in graet shape not a wore out junk ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1368381119.837922.jpg

Edited by kawiboy82

Most 2 strokes are a pain to start when they're cold. My cr250 is...after a couple minutes of warming up it normally starts up 1st kick almost every time. Maybe yours is over heating or something would be my guess.

any other suggestions?

reset the carburator to factory settings. you can find them in the factory service manual. all the way down to idle settings.

also, dont use pump gas. its crap. 2 strokes run way better and more reliably. i use av gas. go to your local small airport and buy 100LL.

it doesnt cost as much as trick or race fuel but runs just as well. and the lead content is good for your motor.

Edited by flashred
reset the carburator to factory settings. you can find them in the factory service manual. all the way down to idle settings.

also, dont use pump gas. its crap. 2 strokes run way better and more reliably. i use av gas. go to your local small airport and buy 100LL.

it doesnt cost as much as trick or race fuel but runs just as well. and the lead content is good for your motor.

The carborator is totally stock no ajustments once so ever

When is the last time that you put a fresh plug in the bike? I would try a fresh spark plug. If it was a jetting issue you would be fouling plugs and your bike would be loading up at idle making it hard to start. Also check your coolant as well. If it looks dirty, then drain it and replace with new. Coolant should be a nice emerald color if using Honda Coolant. Also make sure to burp the system so coolant gets all the way through. I would then check your reeds to make sure they are not chipped or worn also do a compression test when the bike is all warmed up. Should be around 140-150 when warm. If its below 100 or close, then I would say shes a little tired and ready for a new set of rings. One thing to check too is the head/base gasket and make sure those aren't leaking. When things warm up, metal expands and the smallest leak can cause problems. Just my $.02.