BYOB camel pak give away

Not a slam to Beta in anyway. Just sure they do not realize this. Beta is giving away a Camel pak hydration pak with the deposit of a new bike. Camel Pak is a major financial contributor to the wilderness act and closure of Canyonlands, UT. For all of you that love riding please take the time to write to Beta to no longer carry camel paks products.

• Like 2

Not a slam to Beta in anyway. Just sure they do not realize this. Beta is giving away a Camel pak hydration pak with the deposit of a new bike. Camel Pak is a major financial contributor to the wilderness act and closure of Canyonlands, UT. For all of you that love riding please take the time to write to Beta to no longer carry camel paks products.

Excellent catch, thanks!

LMFAO, You are joking right? If you know anything about the tree huggers, then you know you almost can't survive without buying something that contributes to some source of the "Wilderness act". I've given up trying to keep track.

So I will continue to enjoy my Camelback and shop for my camping gear at the local REI. FWIW, REI makes some very nice hiking clothes. Come on guys it's not all that bad.

I just don't see the impact. In the Western US, I can still climb Half Dome, hike the Pacific Crest Trail and enjoy hanging out at points of the Continental Divide without any problems at all.

Instead of worrying about it, I'm enjoying it! Here are some pics of actual places I'm enjoying with my REI gear and sipping on my Camalback:

Picture135.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Picture040-1.jpg

Picture273.jpg

Lets not forget the hillclimb bikes in Billings MT!

Picture011.jpg

Life is great!!

Edited by ballisticexchris
  • Like 1

True that. My primary pack is a Kriega with a 100oz Hydrapack…..

True that. My primary pack is a Kriega with a 100oz Hydrapack…..

If you agree with this, why in the world would think im joking?

Before you make a remark about me not knowing anything about tree huggers, I spent 20 yrs of my life with them. I was a sponsored climber for 15 yrs. Saltic climbing shoes, Jungle gym climbing wear, sterling ropes and petzl. Lived out of a van for several yrs, spent my time between Hueco tanks(before the closures), Compton cave, American Fork, Rifle Co, Yosemite(camp 4) Did midnight lightning for my warmups)etc. Placed hundreds of bolts on hundreds of first accents. Always in the top 3 for 5 years running in the Phx bouldering comp. So yeah I know a little about tree huggers.

Edited by desertgasser300

If you agree with this, why in the world would think im joking?

Before you make a remark about me not knowing anything about tree huggers, I spent 20 yrs of my life with them. I was a sponsored climber for 15 yrs. Saltic climbing shoes, Jungle gym climbing wear, sterling ropes and petzl. Lived out of a van for several yrs, spent my time between Hueco tanks(before the closures), Compton cave, American Fork, Rifle Co, Yosemite(camp 4) Did midnight lightning for my warmups)etc. Placed hundreds of bolts on hundreds of first accents. Always in the top 3 for 5 years running in the Phx bouldering comp. So yeah I know a little about tree huggers.

Easy now partner, I was just trying to lighten up the "mood" a bit. I've hugged a few trees myself, when my bike goes off the trail LOL!

I was never a sponsored climber but in July 2009 I hiked from the valley of Yosemite to the top of half dome and back in 17hrs. I had no hiking experience (my tankbag was my backpack), no hiking poles, was completely out of shape, lost some toenails and weighed in at 253 lbs. It was a life changing day for me. True story BTW…...

Easy now partner, I was just trying to lighten up the "mood" a bit. I've hugged a few trees myself, when my bike goes off the trail LOL!

I was never a sponsored climber but in July 2009 I hiked from the valley of Yosemite to the top of half dome and back in 17hrs. I had no hiking experience (my tankbag was my backpack), no hiking poles, was completely out of shape, lost some toenails and weighed in at 253 lbs. It was a life changing day for me. True story BTW…...

Ahh! And I thought I was talking to someone who actually "climbed" the face of half dome?

http://filemaster.suwa.org/files/Gre...er_Letters.pdf

Edited by desertgasser300

Ahh! And I thought I was talking to someone who actually "climbed" the face of half dome?

http://filemaster.suwa.org/files/Gre...er_Letters.pdf

Hell no! I used the cables. I'm quite a bit out of shape, but was able to lose 73 lbs. over the course of a year (Feb 2010-Feb 2011) and keep it off the last 2 years through diet and light exercise.

I don't like these extremist groups any more than you do. I've just learned to live with it and don't get too stressed about it. I figure you like to ride like anyone else. Did not mean to offend you. :ride:?

Beta's giving away CamelBaks not Camel Paks. If you're boycotting them, how could you not at least get the name right?

Edited by dirtSurfer13