Sign in to follow this  

Installed radiators from china

I just got done installing some chinese radiators.i got them off of ebay, it was an american reseller so they were at my door in 4 days! They look great,the quality looks good and the cores are much bigger than the stock radiators. And at $85 shipped to my door you cant beat that! They fit perfect, i didnt have to tweak or modify anything.install took about a half hour.if you were on the fence about these radiators BUY THEM! You wont regret it! Heres some pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

which company were they? gpi? post an ebay link to them so i can bookmark it.

thanks for the write up

I got some for the WR i used to have as well. They were quite thick, felt pretty sturdy, etc. However, my fitment wasnt as cupcake as yours. I had a lil bit of issues, namely the 90* bottom outlet on the left side radiator coupled with the thicker radiator profile caused the hose to be jammed into the head, i had to tweak it a lil to get it to fit nicely. However, they were quick fixes, and ultimately they worked well. For the price, I agree, hard to beat.

I just got done installing some chinese radiators.i got them off of ebay, it was an american reseller so they were at my door in 4 days! They look great,the quality looks good and the cores are much bigger than the stock radiators. And at $85 shipped to my door you cant beat that! They fit perfect, i didnt have to tweak or modify anything.install took about a half hour.if you were on the fence about these radiators BUY THEM! You wont regret it! Heres some pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Couldn't agree more. I've had the same Chinese radiators on my 07 YZ250F for like three years. Love the finished aluminum finish, wider core and I've dropped my bike in technical stuff with no cracks/leaks yet. Bought some moose radiator guards and unfortunately did not fit because of the wider than stock. It sure beats buying fludyline and stock radiators, the prices are way to high. What coolent are you using j?

I use distilled water and water wetter myself. EARLY in the year, it was still getting down to freezing at night, sometimes a few nights in a row, and we rode in 35-50* weather which doesnt lend itself to bike overheating, lol...i had normal green in then.

Edited by J_WR2fitty

Prestone for me. What about engine ice what is the hype? I ride in the desert.

Engine ice is ok (used it in my Honda 650R with good results). I've been using the Evans non boiling coolant the last few seasons with great results! I liked it so much, I'm now using it in my Beta. No overheating or boiling issues whatsoever. Even tight, steep nasty walking speed singletrack. Just did a topend on my 300 a few months back and here is what the cylinder looked like:

100_2763-1.jpg

This is through the exhaust port. A light hone, re-ring, and power valve cleaning, good to go. Only reason for the fresh top end (at 50 hrs since last one) was a leaking base gasket. A common issue with stacking base gaskets.

I put engne ice in it. Well see what happens. The hoses are my next purchase. I wish they made the y hose though, but not for my bike, in the chinese hoses.

Yeah they make the 5 hose kit. Im talking about the 3 hose y kit.i cant find it for less than $85.