Sign in to follow this  

Mud flap interchange?

I have a 2002 YZ250. My old one is pretty beat, and I figure I might as well replace it, since I'm dropping a bunch of money on the bike this week.

Yamaha lists p/n 5BE-21642-00-00 GUARD, FLAP for most bikes from 99-02. List price is stupid.

Yamaha lists p/n 5UN-21642-00-00 GUARD, FLAP for 03 and 05 two strokes. List price is cheep.

Yamaha's part number for the subframe is different every year from 2002-2004. Next year is Al main frame, so I didn't bother to look further.

UFO lists YA03804-001 for 99-08 if you do all the lookups. (I got tired of clicking, it probably goes to 2013).

Parts Unlimited lists their p/n 12-825 for UFO mud flap from '96-13 for two strokes, with a retail price of $14.95.

Cycra lists p/n 3877-12 for '04-10 and 03-09 YZFs. I like their products (hand guards, at least), and the list price is $12.95, better than anything else.

Anyone know for sure if the Yamaha '03/05 part will work on my '02? It's a no-brainer to get that, if it won't be a waste of time and money.

Edited by FRECNDY

your welcome

looks like we'll have to agree to disagree on the second bit as i've just bought one :lol:

• Like 1

They do work, but the design did change a littl ebit when the "new" airbox came out in 02. I coudl have sworn the distanc ebetween the mounting screws changed, but maybe not. I do remember gettign the wrong one from ufo, though.

Yep I can confirm that they interchange from 96+. Broke the one on my 96 and threw the old one off the 08 on there. Bought one of those fancy CF parts for the 08 :smirk:

• Like 1