Not as snappy?

So I recently rebuilt my bike and as I was coming off the ridge I notice it wasn't running at its full potential. It still has plenty of power but it feels a little boggy in the upper rpms. What could it be? I cleaned the spark plug and sprayed the carb with carb cleaner. Bad fuel?

What kind of gas (octane), how old. What bike?

93 octane. Brand new gas. Its an 01 bike. But shit that reminds me it was in the bed of my truck and it was pouring out. Could be running with water in it.

01 cr250

Maybe the tighter piston needs re jetted for the higher compression of the new piston. Just a guess I am no jetting wiz by any means.

93 octane. Brand new gas. Its an 01 bike. But shit that reminds me it was in the bed of my truck and it was pouring out. Could be running with water in it.

01 cr250

you know its possible if you have the stock carb on the bike that the damp air is just messing with your current jetting set up,the TMX carb is known to be a little finicky,this weekend we had more humidity than normal for us here in the desert and i noticed the diffrence,might be as simple as that for you

yeah it is the stock carb its the TMX