Sign in to follow this  

Input on what my bike is worth please!

Looking to sell my 2007 WR250F and would love some input from everyone on what you think I could get out of it. The bike has very low hours on it and has been meticulously maintained. Looked on Cycle Trader and saw lots of them in the high $3k range that were basically stock. Not sure what my extras are worth?? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Extras include:

Athena 290 Big Bore Kit (stock cylinder included)

Rekluse Z-start clutch

Rekluse Left-hand rear brake kit

Very recent full suspension service and revalve by SBD

Scott steering stabilizer with under-bar mount kit

Tubliss inner tube system front and rear- nearly new

Nearly new Michelin S-12 tires front and rear

Brand new Shorai Litium Iron Battery

Cycra triple-clamp mount hand guards

Oversize tank- stock included

Skid Plate

Shark fin

Hour meter

20130511_153459_zpsc75dbcd5.jpg20130511_153410_zps9ac40a33.jpg20130511_153403_zps49473933.jpg

Edited by tacotory

It's sad but all the extras do not add very much value to your bike. You can have $30,000 in extra parts but it would only raise the value of your bike a few thousand. Having all those extras actually narrows the amount of people looking for your bike. Anybody is willing to buy a bone stock and add what they want to it but fewer people will want a bike with all that stuff. Not everybody wants a big bore or a Recluse. Others may not trust your work, even tho you can be a certified mechanic for a dealership, and only trust their own work. Does that make sense? It doesn't hurt to ask for a certain amount but be ready to accept offers. What you do have going is that it's a WR and WRs are farther and fewer between than YZs are. Throw on some nice, new, graphics on there to help cover the white marks on the plastics that way the bike looks cleaner.

Like the previous posters said, I would put all the stock stuff back on you can and sell them on the side.

Considered removing any of the stuff like Rekluse, Scotts, and just selling on the side?

I was hoping to not have to go through that process. The Scotts and the tank would be easy enough I guess. I think I'll put it up at $3500 and see what happens.

Ya it does suck that that kinda stuff is good stuff but seldom adds real value to the price. I mean if a guy was thinkin man I'd like to find a bike with all this stuff on it, and I'd pay extra to get it...itd be one thing. But most guys would still see all that stuff as, wow, if i can get this cheap....it'd already have all this cool stuff id want anyhow, itd be a steal. Hence why I personally would remove it all. I have a 4.1c and a rekluse zstart pro on my yz250f, i kept all the stock stuff though, in the event I sell it...I know it would not be value adding items. Especially since it IS a yz, and the Rekluse is not so much a track item. I did it for the fact i ride single tracks with a yz. Pipe I may leave I guess, but not the Rekluse.

Edited by J_WR2fitty

Ya it does suck that that kinda stuff is good stuff but seldom adds real value to the price. I mean if a guy was thinkin man I'd like to find a bike with all this stuff on it, and I'd pay extra to get it...itd be one thing. But most guys would still see all that stuff as, wow, if i can get this cheap....it'd already have all this cool stuff id want anyhow, itd be a steal. Hence why I personally would remove it all. I have a 4.1c and a rekluse zstart pro on my yz250f, i kept all the stock stuff though, in the event I sell it...I know it would not be value adding items. Especially since it IS a yz, and the Rekluse is not so much a track item. I did it for the fact i ride single tracks with a yz. Pipe I may leave I guess, but not the Rekluse.

Thanks a ton for the input. I have to go out of town for the week, so I'll see if I get any action this week, and if not I'll strip it next weekend.