22mm oem crf triple clamps

I have a set for sale off a 08 CRF450. They are in excellent shape and come with 1 1/8 bar mounts. These are a spare set as I already have a set on my 05 CR250. THey make the bike turn sharper and did not notice any trade off as far as stabilty goes. You can also run a newer 08 + CRF front number plate and bolts right up. Contact me if your interested in them.

Anyone run 08-09 crf250 triple clamps on their cr's? Seems like a nice cheap upgrade going from the stock 24mm. Anyone know what years exactly are 22mm offset? Think Im gonna try a set out.

08 CRF450 and 08-09 CRF250 are the only years that had them.

I have a set for sale off a 08 CRF450. They are in excellent shape and come with 1 1/8 bar mounts. These are a spare set as I already have a set on my 05 CR250. THey make the bike turn sharper and did not notice any trade off as far as stabilty goes. You can also run a newer 08 + CRF front number plate and bolts right up. Contact me if your interested in them.

How much?

are you positive they will fit the cr250? same mm for the forks? if so, send me a pm, i will buy them from you. also, what offset are they? cause the stock offset is 24mm i think

yes both forks are 47mm. I am running some 08 CRF450 22mm clamps on my 05 CR250 right now. they bolt right up. I will PM you for shipping info

What about running the newer 20mm ones? I know you need to make shims for them but is it better to just go with the 20's over the 22's

I personally wouldn't run shims around my fork tubes. Also if you run the steeper 20mm you could run an issue of the bike being not stable on high speeds. You could just mount up a steering dampner for that though. IMO the 22mm is the best of both worlds.

My '05 started out w/ the stock 24mm. Rode it that way for 2 yrs w/ no probs.

Then in '08 I put a TAG 22mm triple. Better for sure. No bad outcome.

Then in '09 I put an RG3 20mm triple. BEST., no doubt in my mind, for the 3gen pinger.

I wouldn't mind trying an 18mm, like the KTM, but can't find anyone who's made that short of an offset.

Then in '09 I put an RG3 20mm triple. BEST., no doubt in my mind, for the 3gen pinger.

I wouldn't mind trying an 18mm, like the KTM, but can't find anyone who's made that short of an offset.

What type of riding do you do?

The 3rd gen cr250 chassis is already an excellent turning bike. In 05-07 they pulled the frt. axle back 2mm so essentially it's like running 22mm clamps vs. the 02-04 models. I would think at high speeds with the 20's stability would be compromised for better turning. Do you find that to be the case ?

Edited by H4L

That's my exact question. I have 07 crf250 forks so the axle is pulled back 2mm already. I guess I could try both and see what I like... Btw I ride mostly mx and rarely get into 5th unless I end up riding some fire roads.

I ride pretty much all offroad. Mainly colorado & NM single tracks. Even ride alagordo desert trails too. I don't have any scary hi speed problems w/ the 20mm RG3 triples that would prompt me to go back to a 22 or 24 offset. I know w/ my ktms in the past, they're finicky w/ offsets. if the wrong offset's used, you'd get white knuckles trying to save yourself from uncontrollable tank slappers winding out 5th gear. not this honda. These bikes don't seem to be all that sensitive to offsets if you ask me.

I even have a second set of forks and shock that's shortened 1.5" at fork, 1/3rd of that on the shock, for the very technical stuff where I need to flat foot and dab here and there, and I would think the 20mm would cause me problems, but to date, the 20mm is all good, not one minus that I can say anythng bad about.

The 3rd gen frame is about as good as it gets. Honda clearly got it right, no doubt about it.

Edited by minibikedad