Sign in to follow this  

Missouri Looking for St Louis area riders

I am looking for some trail riding buddies around the St Louis area :ride: . I am 26 yrs old & live in House Springs. Have been out of riding for the past 5 yrs 2 help my wife raise our son. I have been back on the scene for about a month & am VERY rusty still. I try 2 ride St Joe every Wed afternoon after work & also try 2 ride either Sat or Sun on our private property = 80 acres. Not much, but it's better than nothing. We literally started cutting trails last Sun = 5-5-13. My dad still rides as well. I am up for places close 2 home or going on road trips, doesn't matter 2 me. I will share my property if you share yours or 2 mix things up & ride somewhere new :thumbsup:. If anyone wants to load up & go hit some trails let me know. Would be nice to meet fellow area riders & share some new trails. Private message to chat or exchange phone #'s :thumbsup: . Thx, Steve

You all should load up the bikes and camping gear and come see us over here to the west side of the state. $15 per night will get you an electric access site at the Chadwick campground, showers, etc.. Weather is warming up and the woods are leafing out, getting nice over here in the Ozarks. Only problem with 2-3 days at Chadwick, St Joe will just never again be quite the same. :smirk:

• Like 1

Yeah you definitely should check Chadwick out if your bikes have protection for rocks! I've been going there for about 6 years and still find some new trails, just went down a nice new one today. You won't get bored that's for sure!

You all should load up the bikes and camping gear and come see us over here to the west side of the state. $15 per night will get you an electric access site at the Chadwick campground, showers, etc.. Weather is warming up and the woods are leafing out, getting nice over here in the Ozarks. Only problem with 2-3 days at Chadwick, St Joe will just never again be quite the same. :smirk:

Yeah you definitely should check Chadwick out if your bikes have protection for rocks! I've been going there for about 6 years and still find some new trails, just went down a nice new one today. You won't get bored that's for sure!

chadwick is prob hands down the best place to ride in missouri IMO... :thumbsup:

Would all you guys be interested in meeting up & doin a group ride some time? I have heard nothing but GREAT things about this place as far as riding goes :thumbsup:BUT I have also read a lot of posts where poeple are getting their bikes stolen during the night camping their :thumbsdn: ... I would stay @ a hotel if possible = (close enough) & maybe pay one of you guys per night 2 "watch" my bike & keep it locked up @ your house... Let me know what you guys think... Thx, Steve

Would all you guys be interested in meeting up & doin a group ride some time? I have heard nothing but GREAT things about this place as far as riding goes :thumbsup:BUT I have also read a lot of posts where poeple are getting their bikes stolen during the night camping their :thumbsdn: ... I would stay @ a hotel if possible = (close enough) & maybe pay one of you guys per night 2 "watch" my bike & keep it locked up @ your house... Let me know what you guys think... Thx, Steve

There was a spate of bike thefts there late last summer, perpetrated by 2 well known thieves, who were caught and locked up (again). The trick to preventing this is to simply use a cable and padlock to secure your bike to something unmovable (your truck). A padlock in the rear brake rotor would have been enough to send them looking elsewhere. All the thefts were roll away deals. They just put the bikes in neutral, pushed them off to their vehicle down the road, loaded them, and gone. Kind of like leaving your keys in your unlocked car at the mall. Theft is far from being a common thing at the campground, and a little bit of general prevention will insure that on the rare occasion it does happen, it won't be happening to you.

As for getting together with you all, I'm there most every weekend, along with others that I ride with regularly. Just give me a bit of heads up when your planning on coming over. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

There was a spate of bike thefts there late last summer, perpetrated by 2 well known thieves, who were caught and locked up (again). The trick to preventing this is to simply use a cable and padlock to secure your bike to something unmovable (your truck). A padlock in the rear brake rotor would have been enough to send them looking elsewhere. All the thefts were roll away deals. They just put the bikes in neutral, pushed them off to their vehicle down the road, loaded them, and gone. Kind of like leaving your keys in your unlocked car at the mall. Theft is far from being a common thing at the campground, and a little bit of general prevention will insure that on the rare occasion it does happen, it won't be happening to you.

As for getting together with you all, I'm there most every weekend, along with others that I ride with regularly. Just give me a bit of heads up when your planning on coming over. :thumbsup:

Is there any hotels close by I could stay @? Not n2 camping...

Like OHL said, there are hotels in Ozark right by the highway on the way there.

There were thefts last year, me and my friends were tent camping at the farthest end of the campground on a friday (I think) and I wasn't even aware of all of the thefts yet, our stuff wasn't locked up or anything (dumb I know), but nothing happened so we got lucky, we went home saturday afternoon. Then I read a few days later about the thefts, I'm just glad they weren't out that friday.

Camping is really a good time out there, specially in the winter when it's 10 degrees out, seems cold but it was great.

Anyway what I'm getting to is that, the choice is yours, but I wouldn't hesitate at all to go camping out there, the campground is great, paved and each section has a fire ring and picnic table, and there are bathrooms and showers towards the entrance.

Let me know when/if you plan on coming down and I'll try to make it out there.

I live in west St. Louis county and would also like to find some places to ride that aren't too far away. Not really into hard riding. More easy trials, old dirt roads and such. I am driving a dr 650 so I don't mind a little asphalt to get to the dirt. Anyplace good within 30 miles of STL. Also have a young family so good clean camping spots with some riding would be great. Thanks.