For my dad

So my dad said to keep up with me he needs a dirtbike instead of his little dinky quad. He is 47 and he wants a bike that has mangable power like no cr500 comments or 490s ok. But it really needs to be mangable but not a like a xr50 or anything he is 5 11 and 180 so yeah what's good and mangable

cr 125

Depends what he is going to do with it . My suggestion is for a play bike trail bike KDX200 for a MX bike a 250f is a good bike

My dad is the same way. 57 he got a Honda crf250r. He rides it everywhere. Now he just today tells me to get a stage 2 cam and a pipe for it.

is he a aggressive rider our more laid back that will make a big diffrence. i would consider a 250f not stupid power like a 450 but enough for anyone to get around

Don't you ride a ttr 125? Tell him to get an XR 250 or ttr 250 or something a long those lines.

Ya I do ok umm well ill look in to that ttr 250 so we can be all cool in matching on the trails

Ttr225,250,230 all ttr's or crf230 or xr200/250 kdx200/220 ktm200

Ttr225,250,230 all ttr's or crf230 or xr200/250 kdx200/220 ktm200

I agree with the lower displacement XR's/TTRs. Great beginner bikes and tough as hell. He will need the control of the low end torque that an XR will provide.

Now if he wants to ride track, really any 125-250 2 smoker will do.

Doesn't sound like your out on a track lol, I say a 250 four stroke is ideal such as the Yamaha wr250 or Tt series/xr series. the higher tuned yzf and cr along with the two stroke 125s would be secondary choices. The 450s are power houses as are any 250 two strokes

An older xl600 or xr650l and their counter parts also make for a good bike and has the plus of being registered to go on the street. Not good if he's not had a bike before though .

The I'm going to get a bigger bike because I don't want to waste money and time on an intermediate bike that ill grow out of is a bad argument keep that in mind.

O k

wr250, crf250X or crf450X.. he will be more than happy.. good luck

I would say if your riding a dinky quad your probably riding trails so I would say a xr250 or MAYBE a 400. Easy to maintain, plenty of power, no garage queen so you won't be scared to throw it around (no offence xr owners). If your going new you could try a crf1250l which is a great bike. Or if your going really fancy get a wr. An old one would be great too.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Yz4481f

Depends what he is going to do with it . My suggestion is for a play bike trail bike KDX200 for a MX bike a 250f is a good bike

Best advice right here

kdx200 is a great bike for everything, except motocross, in which case hes an old guy and Im sure he wont be doing a lot of jumping, either way the 250f works just as good for what youre describing/asking.

Edited by redcouch1212

He'd be happy with a CRF150rb. Seriously man, Adults love those things! They're fast and you could move up to it later on. He'd be a bit big, but if he didn't jump/ride tracks he'd be fine. Other than that, I'd say a used 250 of whatever brand. Each brand has its flaws and I'd rather not get into the whole Honda is better than Yamaha, Yamaha is better than Honda crap. They all are good bikes. Just don't go to any chinese brands. Parts are impossible to find and they don't hold up worth a shit. Stick with Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, KTM. There are other good brands like Huskee's but I doubt you'll find one cheap.

Kdx 200

Crf150rb with the suspension revalved and sprung for his weight.

Ok

KDX, love you long time!

Crf150rb with the suspension revalved and sprung for his weight.

Hey, Mine is for sale!