Sign in to follow this  

What's on your feet when you ride?

I'm new to riding on the street and since my bike will be street legal very soon, I plan to start shopping for some gear.

I wanted to know what you wear on your feet when on the DRZ? Do you wear different shoes/boots for different riding situations(ex. commuting or aggressive riding). Do you have any comments about fit, styling, protection, comfort, etc.?

I was looking into something like the Alpinestars Fastlane for general riding and commuting. I'm interested in having something comfortable to wear on and off the bike while running errands and around town. I planned on getting something more serious for longer/more aggressive riding.

Any recommendations for either scenario?

i have alot of shoes i wear riding

dvs skate shoes // extremely hot or grocery run

street & steel big easy// riding pretty aggressive

icon patrol waterproof boots// rain, cold,

alpinestars smx+ // balls out

Oxstars SM boots. They don't make them anymore....replaceable soles light and great protection.

I wear Asolo hiking boots most of the time, if we go on an adventure ride I will put my Moose MX boots on.

decke484367_89139_jb1_zps08a18394.jpg

I would have figured thongs complimented by a nice clean tank top haha!!;)

• Like 1

Generally I am getting dirty and because I like my feet and ankles the way they are I wear Sidi Crossfires.

Bilt Explorer boots from Cycle Gear, got them on sale for $79 bucks instead of $149 a few months ago, great boots, fit great, waterproof, comfy, water proof, light, and offer good protection imo, theres lots of guys that look down on the Bilt brand as cheap shit, i dunno, these boots are pretty damn good.

I think they are still at $79 bucks now.

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=6372

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=6370

• Like 1

Just bought some Fox Comp 5's - had the first run in them yesterday and they seem fine.

Probably a bit heavy for street use though.

Edited by DrzDick

Bilt Explorer boots from Cycle Gear, got them on sale for $79 bucks instead of $149 a few months ago, great boots, fit great, waterproof, comfy, water proof, light, and offer good protection imo, theres lots of guys that look down on the Bilt brand as cheap shit, i dunno, these boots are pretty damn good.

I think they are still at $79 bucks now.

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=6372

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=6370

Been using these myself for a few months now. I like them!

• Like 1